Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a need for some folks and i know this will grow as the season nears...that do not have access to all the great merchants and would like to purchase and have someone ship it to them..........post your want list, your region you live in so maybe someone near you can help you first to save costs, item/store............lets see if we can help!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I posted in the At Home thread about a few items I was interested in. There is actually 2 of us that inquired about anyone that lived near one willing to ship to us unfortunate ones. I live in NY so if we have it here you probably do too. The only way I might be able to help anyone out is probably if your store may be out. Haven't seen this years offerings but I am surrounded by numerous Michael's, Big Lot's, A.C. Moore, Party City, and at least 6 each of Walgreen's and CVS within 15 minutes of me, Tuesday Morning, and obviously the big chain stores. I'd be happy to help anyone that can't find something you want in your stores though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll start us out! I'm really itching for a couple of the skeleton scorpions from At Home. I'd definitely reimburse for time and shipping if someone were to grab a couple for me!

As for me, I'm always willing to pick things up and ship for folks. I'm in the midwest - nearby we have Gordman's, Tai Pan Trading, Target, HomeGoods, Michael's, JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, World Market, Shopko, Kmart, Savers, Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Tuesday Morning, Ross, Marshalls, Pier One, Pottery Barn, Kohls, Hallmark, Grocery Outlet, Lowe's, Family Dollar and Hancock Fabrics. Things we don't have: CVS, Five Below, Party City, Christmas Tree Shoppe, 99 Cents Only, At Home, A.C. Moore, Menard's.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well, I guess the least I could do is help out this year. We have a new At Home store so I should be able to pick up and ship items. I can go tomorrow (day off) if I have a list of items people want (please be specific...pictures help too).

I'm in Kansas City so pretty middle of the country. As I recall when I offered to do this for a few people in the past at other stores, though, shipping was not the cheapest anymore. PM me, be specific, and link the picture of the product and I'll see what I can do!

The assistant store manager there is a friend of mine.

On the "help me too" side of this, and I'll deny I said it if asked by the significant other, I MAY need someone to do the same for me with a HomeGoods item or two. We have stores, but I spend triple in gas checking them daily anyway...shipping would actually SAVE me money there!

Also, if anyone has a store with good pricing on Pumpkinrots stuff from Primitives by Kathy (Pumpkin Hollow collection), I'm still searching for a good deal on the large lighted pumpkins of his and a few of the smaller unlit ones.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Would love one of the Haunted House LED Canvas with Sound from cracker barrel

Also would like 3 foam pumpkins for a singing pumpkin Jamboree just cant get foam ones in the UK

Please note I'm in the England UK so please don't feel you need to help but just posting up in case anybody can.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ohh when Daiso has their Halloween goodies I will post photos to see who is interested. I've done it the past two years for a couple ladies on Instagram.

I am in Los Angeles and willing to help :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I got asked about the Primitive by Kathy Pumpkin Hollow items I'm looking for at better prices.

large lighted traditional.JPG
large lighted grinning.JPG
large lighted sinister.JPG

All of these should be over 9" tall to be the larger versions. Full retail is $46 each. Kind of hard to find real nice ones sometimes too. They resin is not very good they are making them out of, unfortunately, and the stems get pulled on by customers and broken loose often in stores.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have received some kindness from this forum and would love to be able to pass it on. I am near Philadelphia and off-hand, I have a lot of stores near me but know I don't have any At Home stores. I also have family in Delaware and can likely get there for some items which would mean no sales tax. I will keep an eye on this thread and elsewhere to see who needs help with what.

For my own "wants", I'm desperate for the Big Lots Witch and it looks like they'll be carrying her again this year. I'm going to stop by my local Big Lots tomorrow and will do my best to harass them (I mean, ask politely) if they'll be getting her, but if not, I'm hoping I can find someone else willing to make an arrangement with me.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Jenn&MattFromPA, I wish I would have known you wanted the Big Lots witch. I bought what I am almost positive the same witch this summer on ebay. They seller had numerous one s that she bought from displays at Halloween. I bought one and saki.girl bought two. She had it listed in a weird way that made it not pop up as easily when searching. They were only $59 and very cheap shipping. IMG_0694.JPG

Is this her? On another side note, the pretty irridescent witch in the back is available at At Home this year. Mine came from a bed and breakfast in New York and is a standing witch. The one at At Home is a hanging witch but has the full dress that makes her full size if you rig a stand. She is only &29.99. The At Home version does not have a broom.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thanks, Printersdevil! I appreciate the thought & offer more than you know! I think your witch is pretty similar, but a little different from the Big Lots offering. Lemme see if I can copy some pix over here...

The above is the info from LAST YEAR that was in this thread http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/135261-big-lots-halloween-fall-2014-a-14.html

THIS YEAR, the below photo showing her on display was posted on page 28 in the sticky thread http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/140619-2015-halloween-mdse-sighting-stores-28.html

http://www.halloweenforum.com/attac...ing-stores-uploadfromtaptalk1437854142747.jpg

I just think she looks great! In a perfect world, I'd love to have the spell-casting witch from Grandin Road, but she's expensive and we can't afford that. We've expanded our display inside a bit & we don't have any witch props in our outdoor display. So, as soon as I saw this witch last year, she fit into my budget & just really struck me as the perfect witch for indoors for us. I'm heading to Big Lots today after my son gets up from his nap & I really, really hope I find her!!!!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
This is both a question and a "want". :) A couple of years ago, 99 Cents Only stores sold "giant skeleton hands", and I didn't need them at the time.

If they get them again, I'd really like two of them--BUT--I don't know how "giant" they are (especially so inexpensively, even if they're more than 99 cents). If someone has them, and could measure them for me, that would be wonderful. I'm not sure if they're carrying them this year. I haven't checked the threads yet.

If anyone might need something from my area:

Stores in my town:

Walgreens
Walmart
Shopko
Dollar Tree
Dollar General
Family Dollar
CVS
Goodwill (sometimes they carry new stuff)
Home Depot
Farm and Home
Buccheit (no clue if they carry Halloween, will check)

Stores that I can visit after school starts mid-August:

Kmart
Gordmans
TJ Maxx
5 Below
Target
Hobby Lobby
Michaels
JoAnn Fabrics
Lowes
Menards
Spirit (usually)
Cracker Barrell

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
LairMistress, I went in a 99Cent store in Duncanville yesterday and no Halloween yet. I asked about it and they said it would be mid August. We don't have that store either, but I am in and out of the DFW often so will keep an eye open for you.

JennandMattfrom PA, I wanted that Big Lots witch last year too. I just could not buy her at the time. I had been off work for several years and was just getting to sub a little at the time. Hubby was off work on disability and waiting for checks to kick in, too. So, I had to pass, too.

I thought the witch I bought was her, but I see the difference and now I want HER. I have really splurged this year after an insurance settlement and bought a bunch of witches. But, I will add one last one if I can find her.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I know, right?! It's like as soon as you see her, you WANT her! LOL! Like I said, I'm going today in about a half hour - if I see more than one witch (oh please!!!), I'm buying a couple of them & will make them available here. If I don't find one, I'm really, really, really hoping someone is willing to pick up extras & make them available here as well.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
We don't have a Big Lots here in town, but there is one in a town that I visit frequently. However, I'm generally unable to go there over the summer, and have to wait until school is back in session. I visited our store a couple of times last year, and never saw the witch, nor the glow in the dark realistic skeletons, both of which, I wanted. I did buy the talking (non Oz) witch on clearance from Home Depot last year, so I think I'm good for witches right now. I think...haha. I still hope to find one of those skeletons, though. I'd really like a whole bunch of them, but they're expensive.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I suppose we better be clear on who's covering whom so we don't all rush out and get the same thing for the same person.
Sadly, I'm not close to much that's spectacular, and our Halloween merch. seems to be later to debut than it does in much of the country. I would help where I can, though. I know there are some items I'd love help with.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I also would be happy to buy and ship anything I can find locally over the next couple of months.

I bought a couple of the big hanging Jack Skellingtons and an Oogie Boogie at Walgreen's last year for someone, but then she decided she didn't want them. If anyone else wants them, they are still available.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I went in the Big Lots near me earlier this week and they had no sign of Halloween yet. I didn't even see the major supply of totes and back to school stuff out yet. School doesn't start hear till after Labor Day so often I get first peek at stuff on here. I will keep my eye out for that witch in case someone has no luck in theirs. Lair Mistress do you mind if I ask you what part of the country your from? (General location maybe)

1 - 20 of 179 Posts