Halloween Forum banner

Cauldron bubbling over using Great Stuff Foam? Or Clean black look?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what to do about my cauldron...I was going to spray great stuff on the rim and down the sides and paint it green to give the effect of a cauldron bubbling over...but I kind of like the clean black look...what to do what to do?!

Survey says?! Green Great Stuff? or clean black look?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Come on, no self-respecting witch would have a CLEAN cauldron! Go for the goopy, boiling-over look!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I used mache to goop up the rim of my cauldron last year. The entire interior has since been painted green. I say go for the goop!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used mache to goop up the rim of my cauldron last year. The entire interior has since been painted green. I say go for the goop!

yeah thats the look i was talking about...still not sold on it though...

and haha Madame Leota! You are right..no self respecting witch would have a clean cauldron! But I'm a bit of a clean freak! *I* would have a clean cauldron! haha.

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
If you don't want to go the boil over drip route, I think you should at least make it look rusty on the outside and also burnt on the bottom from the fire.

I also go back and forth as to how to do up the top rim of my cauldron. I guess in part it also depends on how dark it will be where it is visible and whether you will be adding lighting to illuminate the scene or just rely on light from the flames below and any scene lighting. I think if you have a mister or fogger spewing fog out it may not be necessary to do a boil over. So far haven't set up a witches pot for my haunt but I always watch to see what others have done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Make it messy!It adds a bit more to it. If you want to shake it up a bit paint it a grayish green to give it a natural look. If you are worried about it looking too much like great stuff take a saw and some sandpaper to it to get the shape you want.
View attachment 7130

View attachment 7131

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This is my cauldron at night (only it will be outside my store front and not in my apartment!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.