Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Leave it about half full or better and put it away. The fluid keeps the lines and seals from drying out. That's about all that's really required!

·
Registered
955 Posts
This is my second fogger.

My first fogger clogged up in the heater unit. Finally tossed it. Now I went through heck with the Chauvet 1250 for the same reason. So I have done the following. I now can run the pump without the heater. So what I am doing is run water through the fogger under a standard fog cycle until nothing but hot air / steam comes out. Then I am allowing the unit to cool down. Once the unit is cooled down I attach my bypass cord to run the pump when it is cold. Instead of fog juice which is expensive, I am pumping good old anti freeze until it squirts out the nozzle. Now I have the pump and heater filled with a non corrosive non oxidizing solution. When I bring the fogger out for next year, I will first pump water through the unit until the anti-freeze is evacuated and the run the fogger on water and then on fog juice.

I know this seems a bit extreme, but I refuse to buy another fogger or go through the tedious process of clearing the clog in the heater.

Leaving fog juice in the pump is likely a good idea, but some of that juice remains in the heater and if it crytalises in there, your toast.

IMHO

Spinman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts