Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done my home Haunt for years but never used a fog machine . My daughter got me one for Christmas last year and looking forward to using it. It is a " Chauvet DJ Hurricane 700" The Chauvet folks want us to use only the Chauvet fog juice (Naturally) however, "Froggy's swamp juice" is legendary among us haunters. Ok, Two questions.... Is Froggy's compatable with my fogger? Also, I have been told Froggy's juice is thicker than most and some folks thin it out with distilled water for better (and safer ?) operation. I have been told this also stretches a Gal. of the juice without diminishing the effect of the fog....is this so? If it IS so, what ratio of water / juice? If any of Y'all have this same machine I'd like to know how it preformed. Any advice or recommendations would be most welcome as this fog gig is new to me. Thanks Brother / Sister Haunters!!!! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Any good quality fog juice, invluding Ftoggy's will work fine. When a mfg says to only use their brand, they are really saying 1) give us more money, and 2) don't use cheap stuff that might gum up the fogger.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any good quality fog juice, invluding Ftoggy's will work fine. When a mfg says to only use their brand, they are really saying 1) give us more money, and 2) don't use cheap stuff that might gum up the fogger.
Thanks. Yeah I knew the Manufactures recommendation is almost always just a marketing ploy. Has anyone had to do the thinning down of Froggy's with the distilled water using this or any fogger? Ratio? :confused:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'll let Froggy's address this thinning question, hoist by their own petards. As they are the ones that decided to add a line about being optimized for the larger machines to their product description.

You won't hurt your machine by adding distilled water to the fog. Mu advice is to try it and decide if you like the result better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I tested out diluted fog (60% froggy's high density fog juice and 40% distilled water), then ran it through my Chauvet fog machine and into a chiller. I wasn't that pleased with the outcome. The ground fog seemed too thin to me, and the wind easily blew it away. And I tested this on a day that wasn't very windy at all.

After the testing I came on this site and asked about diluting the fog (to preserve the machine). I was informed NOT to dilute it at all, but rather clean out the machine by running vinegar and distilled water through it after you finish using it. This should flush out any impurities.

Since that test, I purchased Froggy's Freezin Fog juice (which I read was ideal outdoor ground fog). I plan on setting up my props this weekend and will give my fog machine and chiller another test. This time with using 100% Froggy's Freezin fog (with no dilution). I'm hoping for a better result.

·
Registered
881 Posts
And, you have discovered that steam makes lousy fog. ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tested out diluted fog (60% froggy's high density fog juice and 40% distilled water), then ran it through my Chauvet fog machine and into a chiller. I wasn't that pleased with the outcome. The ground fog seemed too thin to me, and the wind easily blew it away. And I tested this on a day that wasn't very windy at all.

After the testing I came on this site and asked about diluting the fog (to preserve the machine). I was informed NOT to dilute it at all, but rather clean out the machine by running vinegar and distilled water through it after you finish using it. This should flush out any impurities.

Since that test, I purchased Froggy's Freezin Fog juice (which I read was ideal outdoor ground fog). I plan on setting up my props this weekend and will give my fog machine and chiller another test. This time with using 100% Froggy's Freezin fog (with no dilution). I'm hoping for a better result.
Thanks to you all. It sounds like what I am getting from this is at the very least I will not run any risk of screwing up my machine regardless of how I proceed. That's nice to know. I think I will get the Froggy's and see how it goes. Tosa Terror.....thanks for sharing your experience with the diluting bit. I will try it at full strength first and am thinking IF it looks too thick for my machine to handle I may try diluting it with a cheaper (Thinner) water based fog juice rather than the distilled water that may thin the fog as well. For extra insurance I will use / make a fog chiller as well. ( yet one more thing I need to make before the big day...just what I need!!! LOL! )

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got that fogger and I think it performed well all night last year. I also used froggy freezing fog thru a chiller. In my garden I also ran perforated black pipe with ice thru out the line to create a blanket effect. I'd highly recommend that too!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Thanks brimagic!!!! I am hoping to have it "Roll" across my front porch and sweep down to the lawn. My wife and I dress in costume and spend the night on the porch to hand out the candy with lots of "Jump-scares " The addition of fog should add to the affect well !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts