Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We've been experiencing some lovely foggy evenings here along the Florida Panhandle recently, and it occurred to me how magical it would be if we had a foggy Halloween. Then I realized - I don't remember ever having a foggy Halloween! I don't think fog on Halloween would necessarily be the ideal weather, but I believe it could lend a certain spooky something. Obviously, there are possible drawbacks to a thick fog on Halloween: poor visibility for trick-`r treaters; yard haunts less visible from anything further away than a block.

I love fog, though. It makes everything seem a bit mysterious. Has anyone here ever had a foggy, misty Halloween? Did it improve the night or make things worse? 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I've had clear weather, Rain, cold, and last year...SNOW! but never a good foggy Halloween. I always need to make my own.
How does fog form?

The wiki link gives me the impression fog usually needs some element of cold in most instances, which probably explains why I don't recall any around Halloweentime down here. It's still ungodly hot in Florida most Octobers. 馃

Registered
I live by a river and not too far from the coast in Washington. We get fog all the time. I can't remember if it's ever happened on Halloween specifically but it is always eerie to me. I especially like the fog that hangs about 20 feet off the ground - creepy!

It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
The wiki link gives me the impression fog usually needs some element of cold in most instances, which probably explains why I don't recall any around Halloweentime down here. It's still ungodly hot in Florida most Octobers. 馃

I would welcome the 'ungodly hot' for a change. This was Halloween 2019 at my house. about 28 degrees outside. We froze!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
How about fog machines? I want some recommendation of fog/smoke machine & fluid that leaves no residue so we don't have to clean every time the windows!
I've been very pleased with my Chauvet Hurricane 1101. I make sure to run cleaner through it before and after use around Halloween, and it's held up well over several years. However, I've only ever used it outside, and haven't noticed any residue left on the windows. 馃

1 - 7 of 7 Posts