Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Higher the wattage the more fog you'll get all things being equal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some formulas are more inclined for chilling, and staying low to the ground. Other formulas are more inclined to rise, and behave like smoke.

Chilled Fog appears thicker, I dont know how much is the formulation and how much is from being colder.

Whatever you do... don't use Froggies Fire & Rescue Training grade fluid. I did that last year, rather than mess with the fog chiller and whatnot... I just routed it under the deck with a dryer vent. It creeped up through the boards, and rose up. It looked like the house was on fire.. someone thought that it was. Wearing a Tyvek suit and Devo Hat.. I went outside to see if any kids were coming, and there is a fire truck sitting there. Running a big 1200 watt machine at full throttle probably didn't help much.... They didn't run the sirens and whatnot, because they suspected it was just me running the smoke machine again..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whatever you do... don't use Froggies Fire & Rescue Training grade fluid. I did that last year, rather than mess with the fog chiller and whatnot... I just routed it under the deck with a dryer vent. It creeped up through the boards, and rose up. It looked like the house was on fire.. someone thought that it was. Wearing a Tyvek suit and Devo Hat.. I went outside to see if any kids were coming, and there is a fire truck sitting there. Running a big 1200 watt machine at full throttle probably didn't help much.... They didn't run the sirens and whatnot, because they suspected it was just me running the smoke machine again..
Haha! I'm so sorry but that is funny.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Froggy's Swamp Juice is top notch for any fogger. The higher Wattage will produce more. But, even my little 700 puts out a good amount and with froggy's it stay around for a while even in Chicago wind.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I find the best solution is to have at least two foggers going. I have a larger one (1000 watt I believe) and a small one. That way there is a more constant supply of fog for the evening.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What fog machine did you use for that? Not that I want to start a round of VEI testing results, but testing my new V960 today, it didn't seem to put out near that much fog. I had a little wind tho, so I don't know for sure if that affect it, or the black label juice I am using is no good. I'll try to post a thread tomorrow after I take some video of it, maybe ya'll can comment and see if your 1200watt foggers do more or less.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What fog machine did you use for that? Not that I want to start a round of VEI testing results, but testing my new V960 today, it didn't seem to put out near that much fog. I had a little wind tho, so I don't know for sure if that affect it, or the black label juice I am using is no good. I'll try to post a thread tomorrow after I take some video of it, maybe ya'll can comment and see if your 1200watt foggers do more or less.
I am rocking an Antari 1200

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ah, Antari, no wonder. Looks like it puts out quite a bit more than my V960 which is a 1500watt machine, but it could just be me as well. I wonder if Antari's are just putting out a lot more, hence why they cost a lot more? I think the 1200 was like $400 or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts