Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, 2 of my fx lite fog machines bit the dust Halloween day.

This year, I decided to invest in a better fog machine. I considered the VEI 950, but read the company was closing their doors. I didn't want to spend the money and have a worthless warranty.

I bought a Chauvet 1700 hurricane off ebay. Brand new in box for $188 +shipping. It arrived DOA. I replaced the fuse, nothing. I contacted the seller. The seller told me to call Chauvet and they would exchange it under warranty. He was sadly mistaken. Chauvet told me the seller was not an authorized dealer, so the warranty was completely void. I had to file a PayPal claim, and pay for return shipping.

I decided to purchase a American DJ Fog Storm 1700HD from Guitar center. com $299 free ship.
It arrived today. This fog machine is a huge BEAST! I love the removable juice tank.:) I couldn't wait to test it. I filled it with my froggy's swamp juice, turned it on, let it heat for 8 minutes and hit the manual button. The machine puts out some serious fog!! I was so excited. :D
I set the timer, nothing..... The darn timer was broke!
I called Guitar Center and they told me I had to return the entire unit for a new one.
I'm very upset.

Is there a perfect fog machine? If the next one arrives broke, I'm going to do without fog. I feel cursed:mad:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I hear you Kruella.... We had kind of the same problem last year... :(

Here's what we were told by a clerk at an audio/fx store: we should go with a fazer, especially if we put it "inside" (we always set our haunt in the garage...)
Antari

That's what we're gonna try this year... Hope this can help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts