Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm trying to build a new trigger (timer and/or motion detector) for my small fog machine (110vac). It initially had a wireless trigger device which plugged into a 3-conductor connector at the rear of the machine. The device has failed.

I've been looking at the schematic for a while, and I do not get the logic of it. I understand that the thermostat (TSTAT) cycles on and off to keep the heater at the correct temperature, and the pump will only operate when the heater is off (TSTAT is open). Below is a quick wiring diagram I created. Can anyone explain to me the logic of how this circuit works? Once I figure it out, I will post my new trigger solution.

fog machine wiring diag.png

With thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,
I'm trying to build a new trigger (timer and/or motion detector) for my small fog machine (110vac). It initially had a wireless trigger device which plugged into a 3-conductor connector at the rear of the machine. The device has failed.

I've been looking at the schematic for a while, and I do not get the logic of it. I understand that the thermostat (TSTAT) cycles on and off to keep the heater at the correct temperature, and the pump will only operate when the heater is off (TSTAT is open). Below is a quick wiring diagram I created. Can anyone explain to me the logic of how this circuit works? Once I figure it out, I will post my new trigger solution.

View attachment 576883

With thanks.
Mike
If your schematic is correct, the logic would be the Heater is connected to Hot all the time and would Heat when the Tstat kicks in which connects the heater to neutral. The White wire would need to be connected to a switch and the other end connected to Hot and the Brn and Black wires would also need to be connected to another switch which would bypass the Tstat and turn on the Heater and along with the Wht wire being switched on and connected to Hot, turn on the Pump. Hence push the Dual switch button wired as I said above (Black to Brown and Wht to Hot)) would turn fully on the heater and pump at the same time as long as the switch is pushed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts