Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've searched around and have not seen this addressed. During halloween night I'm in costume scaring kids/adults in the yard and my wife is tending to the door and handing out candy. The tanks on the foggers tend to last about 2 hours before needing some more juice. Has anyone come up with a way to extend this?? Are there modifications that can be done so that constant refilling is not needed??? Ideally I'd like to get the fogger running and let it work for 4+ hours if possible.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
473 Posts
A friend suggested to me last year that I put another container next to the fogger with some tubing from the container into the fogger tank - set it up so that juice will be syphoned into the tank as the fogger uses it up. Would probably be good to drill a small hole in the cap for that. I didn't get a chance to try it, but it's the same principle that I use to keep my xmas tree watered so I assume it would work. I have one of those plastic boxes that is supposed to look like a gift box - it has a hole in the bottom for the tubing to connect to. The other end of the tubing just goes into the top of the tree stand. As long as the level in the box is higher than the tree stand, the water keeps flowing. I usually can get the syphon started by holding the gift box up higher than the tree stand, but sometimes have to resort to sucking on the end of the tube until the water starts. Learned that trick as a kid when we used to syphon gas from the car to put in the lawnmower. Will never forget the taste of gasoline!

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
I've not tried this yet but my plan is to take the little filter off the suction tube and get a small connector and some more tubing and extend it so I can place it in a larger container something like an empty anitifreeze jug. I think you can get small vacuum line connectors at an auto parts store that should work and the line looks about the size of fuel line used on a chain saw or weed eater. As long as its not too long it should work.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,781 Posts
if you go to your local hobby store, you can obtain brass tubing for cheap. They have all of the sizes that will work with your fogger/weed eater fuel line sizes. Just drill a small hole in the top of the container and push the tubing in. Nice thing is, the tubing keeps it weighted down in the bottle. :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Just do the above mentioned. Take the hose from the machine and place it in the jug. Make sure it's weighted down so it doesn't somehow work its way back to the top. I tie a fishing sinker to the hose. It has more then the benefit of lasting longer. You don't have to waste fluid or clean it out!!!

If somehow the machine doesn't have a tube. Just buy threaded PVC pipe and extend it upward. Then tip the bottle over and place on the PVC pipe. Each time it takes juice it will refill until empty. Think of one of those huge water coolers at work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've modifed every one of my machines to use a one gallon jug as everyone else seems to have done as mentioned. Some you can just extend the tubing, but others require some modification. I posted a tutorial on how to modify those $20 (well now they are $25) wal-mart foggers so that you can use a larger jug here...

Sanitarium Library

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you TheWarden! Your instructions were right on. We now have a working fog machine supplied by a 1 gallon fog juice jug instead of the smaller built-in fog juice container. Thanks again. This has been a headache for years for us that we finally resolved with your help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you TheWarden! Your instructions were right on. We now have a working fog machine supplied by a 1 gallon fog juice jug instead of the smaller built-in fog juice container. Thanks again. This has been a headache for years for us that we finally resolved with your help.
Kewl! I wondered if the instructions were clear enuff. Glad it helped!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts