Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, did a search for this, but didn't find anything. I'm currently constructing a chiller for my fog machine, and since it is doubling as a prop, the look is a factor.. I was debating between two different spots in my yard, and I was wondering if there are any real factors that might involve placement. For instance, does the chilled fog tend to roll down hill, is there a general amount of area one machine can cover with fog, etc.. I figured you guys have seen it all at one point or another. If specifics would help, I'll send a picture of the yard, and my ideas if that helps, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Outside?

I have a predominant breeze that tends to come from a particular direction, so I place my foggers so that the breeze carries the fog across the yard, myself.

Weather is just such a huge factor, it's hard to get into real specifics. My best suggestion would be head out the night before and move it around, and place it where you think it looks best.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Chilled fog tends to seek the lowest place in a yard, but wind really does makes it unpredictable. I think UnOrthodOx has a good method by letting any breeze distribute fog across the haunt. Probably best to go do some set-ups in your yard and see which placement works best. The area/volume you can cover will rely on the output and cycle time of your fog machine.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I live in Oklahoma and I gave up trying to put the fog machine out in the graveyard a long time ago because the wind just carries it away and ruins the effect. Last year I placed the fog machine inside of the jail cell (which was right by the front door of my house) with me dressed in my Michael Myers costume. That way it was easy from me to trigger, it was away from the wind and the fog filled up the area where I was standing. It looked really cool with the black light effect and the blood stained white sheets lining my "cell". Actually you can the area I am talking about right there in my avator shot.... but there is no fog effect in that shot.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Every year i ever tried to chill my fog has never really worked to plan except for one year in particular. The evening was perfect, little or no breeze and mild. What i did was i ran a network of PVC pipe drilled with holes throughout my "Graveyard" after having let the lawn grow unusually long. After laying the pipe i raked the long grass to better hide the pipe and then started fogging. I also used "dry ice" in my chiller and i believe this further enhanced the effect. Anyway, the fog rolled along through the Cemetery and i was amazed at how great it looked. Very creepy and movie like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts