Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my fogger seems to be overheating after producing less than impressive clouds. I've removed the cover and its very hot to the touch inside and I can see some smoke it seems. Where might I be able to find replacement parts? Or what kind of shop might repair these? Locating these things is proving rather challenging.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have you checked/cleaned the pickup tube? Flush the holding tank and check the nozzle (try some thin solid core wire fed through it to remove any gumming). If it’s getting hot, it’s over working somewhere.

They are pretty simple, there’s a pump and pickup tube, and a heater to vaporize the fluid. But the fluid can attract dust/dirt and clog/coat the lines, elements forcing the pump to work harder or the heating element to not heat as well.

Check those before you condemn it to the rubbish bin. The electrical on them is usually a go-no go in that it either works or doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I second giving it a good clean and also get it off of the ground if that's where you are using it and get some circulation around it - I've used milk crates with a small fan nearby to keep my units cooler. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If you have a compressor you can blow the line out. I have to do these every year to 5 machines or it just sputters fog. The bigger machines except a 1/8 inch fitting when the filter is removed. Smaller machines you can just hold it there. I use a 1/4 hose with quick connects.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let the master go to work! Sorry a little late to reply to this post. I was working making some YouTube videos about Fog machines tips and tricks. Haven't got to film it yet.

Good thing I have the notes still.

1.You should clean your Fog machine after every after your doing using it. Or at least before you put it away.
2.You can make your own fog cleaning juice
Use 75 % water and 25% white Vinegar. It its really bad try Vinegar then flash with water.
3. As Industen said use a compressor if you don't have a compressor you can use Air in a can.
a. you will take the hose out. Of where you put the fog juice in. Holding it in your hand. You will need to use the air in a can and shoot it into the hose.
b. You will have some filter thing at the end of the hose. You can Take that off. You may need to cut it. If you can't get the Air from the can of air to clean it. You should be able to put it back on.
c. If you take it off those would be the time to clean it.
D. When you are using the air to clean the hose. You should also hit the button on the remote to run the pump at the same time. Those works better if you have a 2nd person. Or you can use your foot to hit the button or a fog timer.
e. When you do this the first time. You should see a lot of fog coming out. After a few times of doing it. You should see less fog. Then you can try to run the fog machine with the fog cleaning juice.

Now for the parts.
You will have a hard time finding replacement parts. You can try on ebay. But you most likely wont find the same brand matching parts. Unless you know your tech. You should be very careful because of mismatching wrong electrical parts to something that is not enough or too much power.

As gcbike said if those dosent work try going with a better 1000 watt foggier. You just need to be careful of what is also being use on the same circuit. You could blow a fuse.

Also use better brand of fog juice. It will make a big different frogs fog is good.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
This is a good question. I purchased two machines in a package and neither worked. The company replaced them but I hate to throw them away. The machines are ADJ VF400. When I tried to open one, there is a circuit attached to the top so that I can't take it off. :/ I guess I will have to just discard them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts