Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here but I assume if anyone can help me with this it's you all!

So I got a dog machine from a friend and have been trying to fix it. It heats up and I can hear a hum when I activate it, but it never sucks any juice up. I tried using some fog juice cleaner but obviously it couldn't suck it up so it didn't do anything. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Also it's a home accents ground fogger, not sure how old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here but I assume if anyone can help me with this it's you all!

So I got a dog machine from a friend and have been trying to fix it. It heats up and I can hear a hum when I activate it, but it never sucks any juice up. I tried using some fog juice cleaner but obviously it couldn't suck it up so it didn't do anything. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Also it's a home accents ground fogger, not sure how old.
Excuse me, FOG machine not dog machine lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unplug it from the wall and take the cover off.

You should see a heater core and a pump. Maybe a circuit board or other electrical, not sure, never seen you’re particular fogger but they are all basically the same.

Take note where the electrical goes and the hose configuration.

Disconnect the hoses from the heater core and connect a long clean tube to the inlet (or outlet) and try blowing through it or pumping water through it. If you have a clear path then that is good. If it is blocked up then focus your attention on trying to clear it out.

If the heater core was good and clear then move tour attention to the pump. It is probably a diaphragm type pump in there. Inspect the diaphragm for tears or holes. If the diaphragm is broken then replace it or the whole pump assembly. If no visible cracks then look at the check valve (if equipped) and see if it allows flow in one direction but not the other. If that works in one direction then reinstall it in its proper orientation paying attention to the direction of flow.

This next test is for electrically competent people trained how to handle electricity safely. Exposed electrical at this point is a real concern and can arc flash or electrocute you if you make a mistake. You do not get a second chance if you make a mistake to trained and competent people should only preform this test... Connect the inlet hose to a cup with water (without the inlet screen attached) and the discharge hose to an empty cup. Plug the cord to a power source and run the pump. Check to see it it is pumping eater to the cup. If no movement of water then either a seized pump or broken diaphragm. Turn pump off and disconnect electrical from source.

Check the inlet screen for blockage or corrosion and replace if necessary.

That should get you started. Let us know how that goes and if you have any further questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Good advice above but I would start with making sure the pickup tube screen is clear, you may get lucky with a simple fix.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Every year I hook mine up to a compressor and blow the line out. It works everytime.
My post use/pre storage procedure has always been to run distilled water through it then let it pump out until it’s dry. However that has no freeze protection if there happens to be any residual water in there so not the best solution if storing it where it might freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts