Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey we had a few runs at our haunted hayride tonight. It went great but there is always a problem with the fog machines. When the trailor is coming the fog machine trigger will be lit up saying that its ready to go. As soon as the trailor comes right by the fog machine it turns off. have any suggestions as to how to get the machines to stay on when they are already warmed up?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok the Grand Geneva is a resort/hotel whatever you want to call it. The first part is called the Timber Ridge. The woods where the hayride is is behind the timber ridge. We can see the tractor coming so we can all get into position to get set and make sure we are all ready to scare.

When we see the tractor coming the fog machines trigger is lit up green to tell us its ready to shoot the fog. When the wagon just about enters the woods the triggers all of the sudden go blank and you cant shoot the fog out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a ready to fog failure....i know this because everything else still works in the area thats plugged into the same power source.

the green lights on the fog machine triggers go on and off randomly.

like we have a machine set up for the begining and ending....its weird because the beginning one didnt work when the trailor came in and the ending one did.....when the trailor left the fog for the beginning one worked and the end didnt.....

now we didnt use any fog to test them the green light pops on when its ready

·
Registered
543 Posts
It sounds like the machine protecting itself from overheating. My fogger cycles between ready to fog and reheating even if I am not using it as well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I don't think there is a solution, if you use the machine it gets cold and has to reheat, if you don't use it it gets too hot and lets itself cool down. The only option I know of is to use a constant fogger which is basically two foggers in one. When one side is reheating, the other side is ready.

If you post what machines you are using, maybe someone who knows that model will have a solution.

If you just want fog, and are not trying to startle the riders with sudden fog, using a fog timer to provide short bursts at intervals could help keep the area foggy, but even doing that the machine (at least mine) still has to go to standby mode. You may be able to play around with the settings on the timer so the machine is likely to be ready to fog when you need it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea....i know that the machine has to go to reheating. The problem with the timer is that it could be 2 seconds before the next wagon comes or it could be 2 hours...we just dont know...im starting to think that the way we have it will have to work...lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
The only other option I can think of is to rewire the machines with a bypass. If you can identify the cool down lock out you could make a new controller using two momentary switchs (one NO DPST, one NO 3PST probably) to temporarily bypass it at the same time you activate the fogger, but make certain the heat up cycle lock out is still functioning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only solution would be (if the fogger would be manned) time out how long it takes from the time the fogger is powered up to when it's ready to fog. Then time out how long it stays ready until it shuts off. If it stays on for say 10 mins before it shuts off and 2 mins to warm up then someone could turn it on 4 mins before the next trailor comes around. If you mess around with the fogger for it to constantly stay on then it could catch fire, and that wouldn't be good close to brush and woods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What about shooting fog a little bit before the trailer gets there...then by the time the trailer DOES get at the right spot, the fogger is ready! Timing brudda...all about timing..... ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea monty we tried the timing thing and the fog machine doesnt give out enough fog to keep the area fogged....so if its to early then the fog will dissapear....to late and nobody will see it. its very tough being outdoors

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the idea captainajack but unfortunately we really do not have much of a budget at all....In fact we spent like $10 to make the whole "SAW" bathroom scene

1 - 18 of 18 Posts