Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought a fog machine from a garage sale this weekend, but upon getting it home I discovered it does not have the remote in the box. The fog machine itself is working as far as I can tell, lights and heats up, but I am unsure if it actually fogs do to the lack of a remote. It is a 400w THE FOG MACHINE from Walmart. Is there any way I can circumvent the lack of remote and if not does anyone know were I can buy one? Thank you in advance for the help/advice!:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
the remote is usually just a button that completes the circuit from the cord leads. In theory you could make one with a computer power cable and a button that can handle the voltage, but I personally never like messing with house current all that much. Most all remotes you can find online for fog machines will work in it long as its the same kind of power cord kinda plug(which most are I'm not sure if its a universal standard but every one I ever had, has same plug for remote).

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Without the remote, it likely won't work at all. If it is made by Gemmy, then you should be able to contact them and get a replacement trigger button/remote.

They have a contact suggestion here on their site that may be able to get the replacement remote.

If not, most places will sell the fog machine timers that should work with your unit; you'll just need to figure out the maker and model and take a chance on ordering it from someplace like Ebay or Amazon. Or check out Party City (their website shows Fitco brand if that is helpful, but they might have other options).

Or wait til the Halloween stuff starts showing up in the regular stores (like Walmart) because they always end up having the fog machine timers that are sold separately when the fog machines roll out on the shelves.

·
Registered
476 Posts
yup, as long as you have the plug in the back for the remote you should be able to find a replacement. i just got 2 foggers at a thrift store and neither of them had remotes but the remotes i had all ready worked with them. these guys below should work as long as you have that 3 pronged plug in the back. As for doing it without a remote, as said above i believe all you need to do is complete the circuit but if you don't know anything about electricity it could end badly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the suggestions. I actually bought 2 foggers and upon inspection both are lacking a remote:p, so I will definitely be looking into all of the suggestions that have been provided! Once again, thank you all for the links and suggestions, they really help in pointing me in the right direction:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought a fog machine, not Walmart, and it needed a separate remote. I got it at Party City and they had the remotes too. I don't know if your machine would be compatible with the remote from Party City but Walmart may sell a separate remote as well for their machine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey if you still need help our Production division has over a dozen orphaned Fog Machine Remotes. Send us a picture of your machine where the cord actually plugs in for the remote. I'll let you know if we have one that matches. You can send it here - eventcitymall-at- Gmail. Cheers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Event City, Thank you so much!!! That is very, very kind of you! I will take a photo of both and send it in. Once again, thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts