Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a Chauvet 1301, does anyone have any experience of powering two props with one fog machine. For example I would like to take a feed from my chiller and provide fog to a cemetery I would then like to take a smaller feed from the chiller and power something like a Caldron creep. Has anyone tried to use a fog machine in this way before any advice is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds doable, but since you want to have a different volume of flow at each prop, you will need to use a damper (or equivalent) that will let you reduce the flow to your cauldron creep. Also bear in mind that you may need a fan to move your fog along to your props. The chiller, ducting and dampers all add flow restriction so you will need to test everything once assembled to see if you get sufficient flow. If not, you will need a fan (in-line or venturi type on your chiller intake)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Use PVC pipe on the exhaust of the fog machine. Usually the exit of the machine is 1 inch so start with that pipe or a little bigger and use a 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch "T" junction to reduce to a smaller size flow and route as needed. You will need a small computer fan pushing air into the pipe in the same direction as the fog flow, some people use another "Y" connection to get this done. I suspect you will not get even flow into the smaller pipe but it should work anyways. Adjust the size of the "T" to limit flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts