Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is it just me or is it way more expensive for fog juice this year? I had to take a couple of years off from haunts and so I haven't had to buy any and when I priced it at Walmart for a small jug, it was $10?!.

Would it be cheaper to make it? I just need to dig up the recipe..TIA!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Distilled Water & Glycerine.

I added additional glycerine to regular fog juice one year, and ran a test in my office at home. It was really thick fog, you couldn't see three feet, so thick our parrot was coughing. Go real easy on the glycerine, dude, trial and error.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
I was STRONGLY against homemade brews, but finally I broke down and gave it a shot. WHY? Because the price of the commercial fog fluid was averaging about the same as the price of an economy fog machine! SO, I hesitantly decided to make my own. It worked perfectly and surprisingly had little to no odor. It is very safe and non toxic. My ratio is below:

Better than Basic Fog Fluid

a gallon of distilled water (with about a cup poured out) $1
4 ounce bottle of glycerin $3

for thicker longer lasting fog or quicker dissipating fog, and more or less glycerin.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I made it before, I got the glycerin at Walmart. I think I may just make my own since the fog juice itself is like liquid gold!!! Thanks for your help everybody!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha..I didn't know that the glycerin was used for an oral laxative or was near the laxatives! When the pharmacist told me where it was, I was reallllly confused! I got a small amount, in 4 tubes..I can do about 3/4 of a gallon I hope, still cheaper than buying the stuff! I'm going to search for the corn huskers stuff also. I have 3 foggers to load up!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
For anyone looking for glycerin...

Target sells it in 4 ounce bottles (found in the pharmacy) and CVS pharmacy sells it in 6 ounce bottles (found in the hair care aisle) 99% pure glycerin

·
Registered
3 Posts
SAve money on fog.

I work with Froggy's Fog. My company supplys a wide vareity of fog and haze fluids, including: Freezing Fog, Neutronic Haze, and Froggy's Swamp Fog - "World's Greatest Fog", to name a few.

We supply fluid to haunted houses, amusement parks, Nightclubs, and home haunters all over the country. (Including Universal Studios, Haunted Overload, Busch Gardens, and Party City.)

Our products are of superior quality, using only pharmaceutical grade chemicals and can offer significant cost savings.

Please contact me with any additional questions, bulk pricing information and a coupon codes.

contact me at [email protected] ordering information

Froggys Fog - Fog Juice, Smoke Fluid, Fog Fluid, Haze Fluid, Fog Machine Liquid

Contact me for money savings codes on Fog Fluid.

·
Registered
719 Posts
For anyone looking for glycerin...

Target sells it in 4 ounce bottles (found in the pharmacy) and CVS pharmacy sells it in 6 ounce bottles (found in the hair care aisle) 99% pure glycerin
not here in the Houston area, the only place that carries it here is WalMart. The people at CVS and Wallgreens both told me they dont stock it here..weird.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tried some new fog juice today but I'm concerned with how irritating it was. A buddy of mine was placing a big order of fog juice a few weeks back and to save some money with a quantity discount I agreed to order some with him and split the cost. He had used this fog juice before (it's called Pro Smoke) and said it was good. He's been haunting for years so I trusted his judgement.

The fog was extremely thick, no problem there, but did cause some coughing if you were in the thick of it. Has anyone used this product before and had the same experience?

Does anyone know if fog juice can be diluted with distilled water to reduce the irritability? Of course, I know it will also impact the thickness of the fog, but honestly, it was so thick it could stand to be reduced a little.

Thanks for any help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts