Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 700 watt fogger today it was a demo at party city and got a good deal on it. The fog seems a bit light color is their different thickness in juices ? It blows like a frieght train and my old 400 watt does not blow as long or hard but the fog seems richer ?!?! Or is their a party juice vs. Halloween juice ?!?! Dunno, just wondering this is my 3 rd. mach. Also heard thinner is better on machines and won't clog as much as cheap thick fog. Thanks.....:confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't know but I bought a 1,000 watt fogger there and brought it back because it did the same thing. Blows really hard and I think it "outruns" the heaters ability to make the fog before it blows it away. They are horrible foggers. I hear Froggies Fog Juice is really good. Thats all he does is make juice and supposedly very good at it. Mr Unpleasant swears by it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uummm...maybe but I think the fogger is fine,its a different brand than the 1000 watts they have. Mines is an I-Fog 180 by Antari (DJ pro fogger). I'm gonna try switching my juice from my old mach.Oh here is a video of the one I got and it looks fine on here so maybe the juice huh ?!?

·
Banned
524 Posts
You need the Froggys Swamp Juice. It is the best bang for your buck and it is a lot denser and lasts longer. That box store juice is junk and is not very dense. You could be getting a lot better results with better juice. Antari are good machines and are made by Elation which is owned by American DJ. Probably not as good as the Chauvet machines but still very good machines. I have two Antari snow machines for my Christmas display. I have never heard of the I-Fog 180, I have heard of the F 80 though. Is it a 700 watt machine?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not much help... but I just upgraded from a 700 lite f/x (fog f/x?) to a Chauvet 1250 (1200watt).

After my initial test, some fitco (cheapy I think) fog juice seemed to blow really thin out of my new 1200watter. It definitely blows harder... but thinner. I was afraid there was something wrong with my new fogger.

Was going to order some "pro" juice like chauvet's juice but then found the Froggy stuff. I have some of their low laying chill stuff on the way.

Oh, I poured out the fitco juice from my Chauvet and put in my old lite f/x fog juice and it definitely thickened up. This juice is over 8 years old. Hmmmm.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I think it is time for a new test. I am wondering if the formula from the Fitco juice is made for lower heat machines like 400 watt?

About the Froggy low lying juice we have done some tests with that on another forum and if you use the Swamp Juice and run it through a chiller you will get the same results as the freezin juice and the Swamp juice is cheaper but has the same density. Forggys confirmed this and there explanation is the Freezin juice is a little bit heavier to keep it lower where the Swamp juice is suppose to rise and linger longer. You will get the same results though if you ran it Swamp juice through a chiller. That might be something you may want to look into when you place an order. Just because it says Freezin juice doesn't actually make it better for chillers, well maybe it does. You are just paying a little more for the heavier fog that the Swamp juice can do just as well if run through a chiller too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You know, it really seems odd to me that there isn't a better "rating" system for fog juice. I suppose there are just too many variables and the formulas seem to be a little too guarded.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of rating system like this:

SUPER DUPER FOG JUICE
(All based on scale of 1 to 10)
Density: 10 (higher means denser)
Dissappation Rate: 8 (higher means longer)
Fog Weight: 5 (higher means low laying, lower means rising fog)

SUPER DUPER LOW LAYING FOG JUICE
Density: 10 (higher means denser)
Dissappation Rate: 9 (higher means longer)
Fog Weight: 9 (higher means low laying, lower means rising fog)

PREMIUM FOG JUICE
Density: 8 (higher means denser)
Dissappation Rate: 7 (higher means longer)
Fog Weight: 5 (higher means low laying, lower means rising fog)

ECONOMY FOG JUICE
Density: 5 (higher means denser)
Dissappation Rate: 5 (higher means longer)
Fog Weight: 4 (higher means low laying, lower means rising fog)

NO NAME FOG JUICE
Density: 3 (higher means denser)
Dissappation Rate: 3 (higher means longer)
Fog Weight: 4 (higher means low laying, lower means rising fog)

The Fitco juice did seem a lot thinner in the jug than my older lite f/x juice. However, the lite f/x could have lost some water to evaporation over the years (I think it is over 8 years old).

·
Banned
524 Posts
Have at it, things like that are normally controlled by a governing body to keep things fair. But since we are talking about fog, then of course there is not one...LoL No one is actually going to put on there juice "Hey mine sucks". Even though it may suck, you will never hear that. I like the idea personally but I think it would have to be on a personal level of some individual buying several different brands and rating them personally. Now if a juice was rated low, you probably wouldn't see it labled on there due to the fact of marketing. They are trying to sell the product, not lose money, you know what I mean? Maybe just a web page will all the different ratings of fog juice would be good so other can reference. Also maybe test the different types in comparison to different wattage and see if the effects are vastly different. Of course there will be some. Would be a good thing to have though for resource.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is a very interesting idea. I'll look into doing something like that but make it community review driven. Fog juice is so expensive to ship and usually difficult to find good stuff locally.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Fitco juice did seem a lot thinner in the jug than my older lite f/x juice. However, the lite f/x could have lost some water to evaporation over the years (I think it is over 8 years old).
right, why not leave a jug open in a room for a few days and see if it thickens up? That or warm some up in an old pot, maybe on a camp stove or grill outside in case of fire, and boil off some of the water that way.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the rating idea. Well I found out my new Antari I-Fog 180 (700 watts) had some weak oil base juice that Party city dump in that I dump out and afterwards I added the waterbase stuff it came with which said it was high density pure white fog on the 1 liter bottle. And man was I blown away...smoke blown away that is. It Fog my 1/4 acre trail out back in minutes with only a 4 second delay between burst. I'm in love with it and it may be too much smoke out back with 2 foggers if there is such a thing. I'm a very happy camper now !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts