Halloween Forum banner

fog juice combusting at higher temperatures?

6985 14
I've been trying to find information on this because I've seen this happen two years in a row now. Like many here on the forum, I store my fog machines with a bit of fluid in them every year. Two years ago one of my machines leaked out fluid in one of my storage boxes, and the fluid ended up soaking into the cheap fabric (probably polyester) connected to a hanging reaper. The foggers are stored in offsite storage without temperature control in Southern California. Where I live it rarely gets hotter than 80 degrees. Anyway, last year I opened the storage box with the fogger and found small unmistakeable burn marks all over the reaper's fabric. There were no burn marks in the sections of the reaper fabric that did not get soaked with fog fluid. That was surprising to me, but I thought maybe it was a combination of factors that caused the burn marks. Fast forward to this year. I stored my foggers the same way on Nov. 1st 2013. I open the boxes just last week and find that one of the oem plastic fog juice containers that sits in my fogger has a 1/2 inch black burn hole that developed right in the bottom corner that allowed the fog juice to leak all over the box. This hole could not have been there before I put the fogger in storage for the year because the size would have allowed the fog juice to immediately leak out. I would never have missed it. My guess is that the fog heats up to a high temperature in the storage box (and especially in the metal casing of the fog machine) and then somehow eats away or burns through plastic and fabric. This really alarms me, but I haven't heard anyone else talking about this. Obviously fog has been deemed safe when it's heated up and put out into the air, but I'm surprised that it can perhaps combust or at least dissolve particular materials if left sitting in high temperatures for a long time. Anyone else experienced this phenomenon? I know it's not a fluke because I've seen it happen with my own eyes on two separate occasions, in two separate fog machines, over two different years, and using two different fog fluid suppliers. :eek:
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.