Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a VEI V-950 fogger and have some questions.
-Does anyone in N.W. Ohio sell the VEI fluid(shipping is alot on fluid)
-If i run a chiller, should I buy the "low Lying" fluid or just use the regular, and vise versa?
thanks-jeff

·
Banned
524 Posts
Regular fluid will work fine. Low lying fluid is no different then the regular fluid. It is all made the same. I looked into that last season and they are identical.

The only difference you are going to see in the store bought from Wally world or spirit, etc is the denisty. The density of it is not going to be real thick.

I would recommend using Froggy swamp juice. You can only get it by mail order though, but it is well worth it as you won't have to use as much.

·
Registered
261 Posts
second on the froggy's. you won't be dissapointed. I just got a new American DJ 1700 and 3 gallons of juice. it works great.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Last year i found a formula for making your own Fog juice. It is VERY easy and actually costs less than buying the stuff in the store. All you need is a big jug of Distilled water (it MUST be distilled unless you want your machine to be clogged up with impurities) and at the Pharmacy or Wal-Mart etc. grab a nice big bottle of Glycerin (it looks like Alien Drool...lol). I can't recall off hand what the ratio is (i still have a gallon of the stuff in a sealed jug in the Garage) but if you do a quick Google search, you will find no end of formulae out there that will do the job for you. The formula should be typically more water than Glycerin. Here are some links.

Making Fog Juice

Best of luck and be careful...

·
Banned
524 Posts
I can not stress this enough. I have an extensive lighting and production background and I would highly not recommend making your own fog juice. It might seem to work but over time all you are doing is damaging your machine. I can not tell you how many machines I have worked on and seen that have been used with homemade fog. Also the density of the homemade is not to par with the higher end juice on the market. Your safe bet is just spend the money and buy it.

I think the swamp juice would work just has well as the freezin juice. I really don't see any difference if you are running it through a chiller. They are practically made the same. The research I have done on this last year I found out they are all made the same. Maybe one manufacture uses better ingredients then another and they use a better formula. I am actually in the process of doing some tests with juices to see if their is any difference. IMO I don't think their is especially if you are running it through a chiller. Unless you are using a higher formulate juice that is made to be denser. Then it really doesn't matter. Any dense juice you use will work perfectly fine in a chiller. It is the store bought juices from your name brand stores like Wally World, Spirit, Part City, etc which the quality is not up to par.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses and advice. I'll go ahead and order the swamp juice.
I was hoping someone local would carry it but it's not the end of the world.
thanks-jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts