Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im making an electric chair and plan on having a fog machine under the chair hidden away and then route the fog through out the chair/victim. Aynybody know how to or have any ideas on how to make sure the fog has enough force to travel to about 5 different directions and still have a decent fog output at each output??? Im going to route a line to each handrest, ankle support and to the head. I'll probably be using just some cheap black vinyl tubing from H.D.... I saw what Death Lord called a "Fog Expasion Chamber" in one of his tutorials here : The Electrocution 10 -Death Lord Dot Net-. Anybody ever done this and know if it works or not and why? lol Im obviously assuming some sort of law of physics. :eek: Thanks for any input!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
I have a marine biz & use bildge blowers & i use these to push my fog for distance & for my Dragon. Basically they are a 12 volt squirrel type. We use them in the engine compartment to vacate gas fuels,etc from an enclosed engine bay.
They are come in 3 & 4 inch inlet/outlet hose sizes & not too expensive & can push pretty good & the best part- they are water proof !! Check your local boat shop. You could use a power converter to run 12v off 110 ac.....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Kenpilot
I have a distortions electric chair kit I have been thinking of adding fog to .
Since I havent even thought about how to do it yet.
I would be interetsed to see how yours comes out

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think the fog machines themselves should be able to push through those short runs. I push mine through a chiller and it pours out. I don't think you would need anything. But just in case a small fan should work fine.

just my thougts
-PB

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I would think you wouldn't need to add anything special. Make a mainfold out of PVC to hook your hose to and you should be good to go as long as the fog machine is nearby.

Just hook up 2 pvc elbows and 4 Tees as follows:

Elbow facing prop/Tee facing prop /Tee facing prop/Tee facing fog machine/Tee facing prop/Elbow facing prop

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, Im probably going to start out simple and do kind of a trial by error sort of thing. Try the Manifold idea with just the fog machine supplying the pressure and see if the fog makes it to all 5 destinations with sufficient flow and results. If that doesnt work, then probably make the "expansion chamber" like in the originaly thread I posted and then lastly add a fan. Obviously like most everybody else that makes props and is on a budget, I like to make it as inexpensive but effective as possible. Thanks again guys!

ICEMANFRED: I will keep you posted on what I find out. Check back here for updates. ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kenpilot
I have a distortions electric chair kit I have been thinking of adding fog to .
Since I havent even thought about how to do it yet.
I would be interetsed to see how yours comes out
I finished "plumbing" my electric chair out for fog today. It works just fine without any "help" getting to the 5 outlets I made. Im using the small Chauvet 650 Hurricane. Let me know if you need exact details on how I did it and what I used. But bottom line, I didnt have to use a fan or expansion chamber or anything of that nature and the output ad speed at which it comes out at the outlets is perfect.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I finished "plumbing" my electric chair out for fog today. It works just fine without any "help" getting to the 5 outlets I made. Im using the small Chauvet 650 Hurricane. Let me know if you need exact details on how I did it and what I used. But bottom line, I didnt have to use a fan or expansion chamber or anything of that nature and the output ad speed at which it comes out at the outlets is perfect.
that's good to hear, I think sometimes we over-engineer things...

so where's the video? ya know we love video.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Over engineer... :eek: ....who,us.....?! just cause i sometimes put more into a prop than the engine in my hot rod.......er well.......... let me analyze & blueprint & modify this a little & will get back to ya...........:rolleyes: :D
-leave it alone Melty........

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No video = FAIL you didn't actually build anything did you :D

JK
-PB
LMAO No video yet but as soon as I finish putting my victim together I will definitely get a video on here so you can see the full effect with the fog and everything. Sorry to disappoint for now! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts