Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm building a fog distribution system using flexible tubing. Does anyone know if the size of the tube (used for distribution) matters? I would like the tubing to be large enough to slide frozen water bottles into therefore the tube would need to be at least 3"+ in diameter. I will be using a 1000w, 20,000cfm fog machine and fan(s) so the quantity of fog and velocity should be sufficient. The tubing will be around 30'-35' long running downhill; I realize that's a long distance but it will be assisted by gravity and a multi-speed fan.

Fog Distribution System Sketch.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
The problem is the flexible tubing will create turbulence. And thus reduce velocity.. if you could use DFW pipe for the long runs, it should flow better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
i've found that flexible corrugated drainage pipe with slits works well for me without any fans ... naturally your mileage may vary ... i don't use any cooling & find that the fog, although doesn't hug the ground, stays fairly low ... experimentation should yield some insight if this is satisfactory for your application

yes, flexible tubing, especially the corrugated type does reduce velocity, but this may be beneficial, it is in my application, because it tends to assist with keeping the fog low

maybe having a look at some of my previous years videos might give you an idea of what i achieve? => Thathalloweenhouse.xyz | Creepy | Spooky | Blacklight

amk
thathalloweenhouse.xyz

·
Registered
279 Posts
The problem is the flexible tubing will create turbulence. And thus reduce velocity.. if you could use DFW pipe for the long runs, it should flow better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to ask because I have always used the flex corrugated pipe... what is DFW pipe?

·
The Haunting Girl
962 Posts
I love flexible perforated drainage tubing. It's black so it blends into my landscape at night. Also, I get the collapsible kind so it squishes down for easy storage and bends however I need it to. I've never had any issues with fog flow. It's always this nice sort of low creeping flow that I like. I suppose frozen water bottles would possibly improve the creep factor, but I also worry that it will keep the fog from flowing down the tubing properly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I love flexible perforated drainage tubing. It's black so it blends into my landscape at night. Also, I get the collapsible kind so it squishes down for easy storage and bends however I need it to. I've never had any issues with fog flow. It's always this nice sort of low creeping flow that I like. I suppose frozen water bottles would possibly improve the creep factor, but I also worry that it will keep the fog from flowing down the tubing properly.
so last year I tried using large 1 liter frozen bottles so I wouldn’t have to replace them as they melted, but in fact they did block my pipe too much. So halfway thru thenight I switched back to my normal sized water bottles that I had as backup. But I get a great ground hugging effect chilling the fog like this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
so last year I tried using large 1 liter frozen bottles so I wouldn’t have to replace them as they melted, but in fact they did block my pipe too much. So halfway thru thenight I switched back to my normal sized water bottles that I had as backup. But I get a great ground hugging effect chilling the fog like this.
Yes. I use regular sized water bottles for the same reason...anything larger blocks too much flow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts