Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the coldest ambient air temperature you have been able to get fog to lay low with a fog chiller? They're projecting 48-49 degrees for Halloween this year where I live in Michigan. I wonder if its even worth setting up my chiller this year.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Highly unlikely you can get fog to stay down at those temps. Out of the nozzle fog is at least 150 degrees F. I have used a temp gun on my chiller which works quite well and I never see the fog temp lower than about 50 degrees with fresh ice. My problem is wind. We live in a hilly area and we always get shifting breezes from the coast. The fog wants to stay down, but the air movement mixes it up. Sometimes the breeze dies down and the fog stays down nicely.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How well does wetting the ground work? What if I used dry ice in the fog chiller to cool it even more?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wetting the ground cools the ground off from where it has been absorbing sunlight all day. It's a bit of a problem if the warmest air in the vicinity is right next to the ground, wanting to rise through your fog, mixing with it, warming it. Wetting it solves that. Probably a good idea even in colder weather.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
I like to wet the ground about an hour before showtime this year we will be in the 30's for a temp just may be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts