Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built Gotfog.com's cooler chiller. I also took the idea of buying 10' of landscape irrigation tubing with holes to spread the fog.

I was wondering if anyone has ever added a scent to their fog by adding something to the cooler/ice.

I was thinking of the following things
  1. Buy some sort of "halloween" scent in oil or oil/water form. Patchouli? Pine?
  2. Maybe make ice cubes out of a an oil/water mixture.
  3. Maybe just chill an oil/water mixture and then add it to the cooler.
  4. Maybe dump chilled oil/water mixture into my 10' irrigation pipe.
  5. Put chilled oil/water mixture into spray bottle and spray down all ice in cooler.
  6. Try adding salt to the oil/water mixture before spraying ice.

Any thoughts on technique or scents of choice?

DQ

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,856 Posts
I would not use anything that wasn't made for usage in a fog machine. Not only do you stand the risk of ruining your fogger by running chemicals through it that were not made to be heated/fogged, you could also cause a dangerous situation for the folks that would be breathing the fog. :eek:

Adding a scent to the ice or along the conduit might be safe, but I doubt you'd get much of a scent from it.

There are additives out there that are made to go with fog machines... American DJ F SCENTS Fog Scent - PlanetDJ.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I wouldn't dream of adding a scent to the actual fog machine. I've read enough and my own common sense tells me that would be bad.

You comment about breathing in the scented fog did make me think a little.... Maybe I'll run an experiment when I do my first test run. I think putting it on the ice is the best bet. If I just put some in the 10' irrigation tube, I doubt much would happen.

I'll take a look at the scent additive from American DJ as well.

DQ

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats a neat idea putting it in the chiller. What if you stuck one of those pine car air freshners in the chiller maybe hanging above the ice so only the fog reached it? or stick it in the pipe that runs out. lol I just thought that might be easier than the oil and I know they have those in pine and patchouli.

I've been thinking about scents too. I'd like to do a mixture of sweet pumpkin spicey smell and dirt. lol :D

Might have to try that. If anything I can hide the car fresheners throughout the walkway maybe attached to the back of headstones or something. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! Ya, maybe get a 6 pack of pine tree air fresheners and stick them into the pipe. Nice. I felt that the water/oil mixture sprayed onto the ice would have a more powerful scent.

I like your pumpkin/dirt scent idea. :)

DQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts