Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the idea that was kicking around in my head:

Set up the cauldron with fog (preferably chilled to keep it in there) pumped into it and have the candy in the cauldron.

Here's my concern. We've packed up lots of goody bags, but the bags are paper. I fear the cooled fog hanging out in there will make the bags damp/soggy. Can I achieve this effect without soaking the goody bags using a standard fogger? I figure using dry ice would probably do the same.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You could use an ultrasonic mister (check your local halloween store, they run about $10-15 I believe) - then, using the same principles as a fog chiller, with the screen to set the candy on and the mister/water below, maybe create a similar effect that way?

The only thing I'd recommend is an area directly above the mister where you put some sort of plastic layer to prevent the bubbles from spraying your goody bags....not the whole thing, just directly above the bubbler part so the mist can still escape around it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have done this the past couple of years. There is little or no condensation from synthetic fog, so you should be fine. An ultrasonic mister creates a water vapor mist, and is more likely to dampen the treats. Ours is set outdoors, so most of the fog is carried away by any breeze.

This was a lot of fun watching the TOTs, as we told them that they had to grab a piece of candy from the witch's cauldron (while she was stirring it!), and if they did, they could get a larger treat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My only concern with using a standard fogger is that you're going to be introducing a non-food fluid to a food dish. Admittedly, fog juice is pretty mundane, and your candy will be wrapped up, but it's just something I'd personally avoid.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You might be able to use a pvc pipe and small pc fan to pump the fog (ultrasonic) or dry ice to the cauldron from your source. That way it should mix well with the air and not leave condensation by the time it gets to the cauldron. I would be leary of using fog juice fog with food imho.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have done this the past couple of years. There is little or no condensation from synthetic fog, so you should be fine. An ultrasonic mister creates a water vapor mist, and is more likely to dampen the treats. Ours is set outdoors, so most of the fog is carried away by any breeze.

This was a lot of fun watching the TOTs, as we told them that they had to grab a piece of candy from the witch's cauldron (while she was stirring it!), and if they did, they could get a larger treat.
Do you chill the fog at all? Or just leave it to rise normally?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts