Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some of those cheap foam skulls...anybody know where I might be able to find them online? It's bad timing on my part, but there must be some out there somewhere.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the leads Herman. The one at Plum is too small, but I've sent an e-mail to ask about the dimensions of the ones posted on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Madame T - have you looked in the Halloween clearance sections of your local Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Walgreen and Big Lots? There were still some in our local stores just a few days ago, at 50 and 75% off...

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly I have checked those resources, but I live in a forgotten land when it comes to shopping options. I'm hoping I can find something on line somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
When you find out what size it is, I'd be interested in knowing as well.
And by the way, *I'm* in the forgotten land when it comes to shopping options :)

MsM

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you find out what size it is, I'd be interested in knowing as well.
And by the way, *I'm* in the forgotten land when it comes to shopping options :)

MsM
I will be happy to let you know about the size of the skulls. For a brief moment I was going to arm wrestle you for the title of most deprived shopper, then when I thought about it you may have more of a challenge shopping for Halloween things in the Netherlands. But, on the other hand...the chocolate and tulips probably can't be beat. Am I right?

·
Registered
647 Posts
OMG, the chocolate there is TO DIE FOR! I did a pet swap (kitty toys on a pet forum) and I drew a gal in the Netherlands and she sent me a bunch of chocolate for myself. I'll never forget how creamy it was! It was like silk!

MT, sorry I can't help you with the foam skulls :(

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Terror Syndicate does nice work at pretty reasonable prices. How many do you need? I'm sort of compulsive about picking them up on sale and might have some extras I could let go. I think mine are mostly life-sized-ish. PM me if you want to see them and I can snap a set of pics.

A

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
How difficult was it to cast and make your own? I have seen several different how-tos ... just not sure if it's worth the investment to make my own.

Not hard at all.

If you need alot of skulls it is worth every penny.

For a life size skull you can use the trial size Dragon skin from Smooth on

And a gallon of 2 part foam 3lb will go a very long, long ,long way. You can cast a whole bunch of skulls with it.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be happy to let you know about the size of the skulls. For a brief moment I was going to arm wrestle you for the title of most deprived shopper, then when I thought about it you may have more of a challenge shopping for Halloween things in the Netherlands. But, on the other hand...the chocolate and tulips probably can't be beat. Am I right?
Ms. Meeples the dimensions of the skulls listed on Amazon are 6 1/2' x 4 1/4' x 4 5/8" high. Too small for what I need.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many foam skulls do you need and what size? I've made molds of a few different ones and I might be able to help.

You might want to try here: http://www.terrorsyndicate.com/catalog/index.php?cName=gravestalkers-products-prop-skulls
I'm looking for three that are life-size. They don't need to be expensive because I will be using them as base for sculpting some props. If you have any pictures I would love to take a look. It would be helpful if you can also provide the dimensions and price. You can either send them in a PM or send them to me by e-mail. A link to my e-mail is listed on my profile page. Thanks for the help Voodoo Willy.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Good thing you didn't arm wrestle me cause I definitely would have won!
Halloween shopping is a challenge here....but just general shopping is also a challenge. No big malls like in the states, no mega stores like walmart and kmart where you can pick up everything you need in one shot (I have to visit 5 different types of stores to accomplish this), and the topper...stores here are closed at 6pm during the week, 5pm on saturday and sundays aren't even open! Oh and I almost forgot, many stores are either closed or open after 1 pm on mondays.

But there are tulips and flowers for sale in every supermarket and on almost every corner at a reasonable price. And Cassie is right about the chocolate. It is VERY good! Of course Belguim chocolate is even better :)

Thanks for letting me know what you found out.

MsM

A

·
0 Posts
Not hard at all.

If you need alot of skulls it is worth every penny.

For a life size skull you can use the trial size Dragon skin from Smooth on

And a gallon of 2 part foam 3lb will go a very long, long ,long way. You can cast a whole bunch of skulls with it.
Well then ... I might have to add that to my list of projects! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Madame Turlock...I'll take measurements for you tonight and let you know.

aSmarterU....It is an easy project. After you make your first mold you will want to make a mold of everything.

A

·
0 Posts
Yeah, now I have to find a good skull to make my copies. I'll have to post something when I get started ... after Dec. 31st ... I can't do any projects either until next year!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts