Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I started this project I decided to make a video so it begins a little late but you can imagine the first step. Wood, skull, silicone. Here are pics of the final project:

And here is where I started to record. I will add more videos as I get them edited. It's fast but easy to understand. See you after the next edit!
YouTube - Making a skull mold
YouTube - Skull mold Jacket part 1

·
Banned
85 Posts
I know this might sound unappreciative , but , I think it would have helped a LOT more , if you did a little talking/speaking/explaining what it was , that you were doing and to what ?
I , myself , had absolutely no idea as to what it was you were doing at steps one and two ( video one and video two )
Like was just asked ... what was the pink stuff ? Was that your skull you were making a master mold from ? Mixing plastic ? What plastic ?

After I started this project I decided to make a video so it begins a little late but you can imagine the first step. Wood, skull, silicone. Here are pics of the final project:
Wheres the "plastic" come in ?

It's fast but easy to understand
Sorry , not sure about others here ... but I am sooooo far lost in the woods here with this tutorial .
Any chance we could get you to give a verbal video telling us what your doing/done ? and to what ?

Thanks . Again , I am sorry , but I have no idea as to what you were doing , or why .
I like the l;ooks of the finshed product and would really like to know how its done .

Thanks and hope to see a little more detailed/descriptive video .

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
So that's how you stay in shape....moving at an unnatural pace lol

Man, my head is still spinning lol

I have to agree with the boogieman. If you don't know what you are doing or have never done it before (like me) it is a bit difficult to follow.

Meeps

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahahaha, all excellent questions! Sorry to be so vague. All the pink stuff is silicone. It comes pink. There is already a layer on the skull, that’s why I started the thread with “I started a little late”. The application of the silicone layer in the video is blue because I tinted it so you can see the coverage of each new layer. Pink, blue, pink...

After the silicone has cured, I trim the excess and mix the plastic for the jacket. The plastic is plasti-paste II from smoothon. Keep in mind I have only done three things, Silicone, dividing clay wall and plastic jacket. I understand about wanting to hear what’s going on but really nothing more than what is shown. I am happy to answer questions. Sorry about not starting the video from the beginning, my bad. I will try to correct this in the future.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Wow what a difference a deep calm rich voice makes along with some gentlier background music!

Much better, thanks :) Still dont understand a thing though so maybe you need to come to holland and give me some private tutoring :D

MsM

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have wanted to try to do something like this on my own for a while...not 100% sure how to get started...this has cleared some of those issues up for me, cant wait to see part 3 and how you clamp everything up for the final product. one question...is there going to be a bottom other than the board or is the skull just going to be flat on the bottom?

thanks from your neighbor on the west side of the sound.

-DK

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts

And here is where I started to record. I will add more videos as I get them edited. It's fast but easy to understand. See you after the next edit!
YouTube - Making a skull mold
YouTube - Skull mold Jacket part 1

I'm just wondering........is PBR required or can you substitute for something else? :D:D Great job on the videos, as usual a great finished product!!:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Smoothon.com has several tutorials as well as a list of products that are used for each step. You can get some of the sample sizes and try small projects to get started. Then slowly progress up to bigger things.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have wanted to try to do something like this on my own for a while...not 100% sure how to get started...this has cleared some of those issues up for me, cant wait to see part 3 and how you clamp everything up for the final product. one question...is there going to be a bottom other than the board or is the skull just going to be flat on the bottom?

thanks from your neighbor on the west side of the sound.

-DK
Thanks neighbor! The skull is just flat on the bottom. It's just a prop skull, good for shelfs, fireplaces, reapers, batting practice etc...

·
Registered
638 Posts
im sure this either has already been covered and I missed it or will be covered in the near future, but if you screwed the assembly back onto the board and its all sealed up, how are you going to fill it with foam for the positive? by the way, the negative of the mold (the silicone part) looked friggin sick turned insideout like that...very cool.

-DK

1 - 20 of 35 Posts