Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thank you all for the lovely compliments :) It really does mean a lot to me.

Chickenwire, he has become a favorite of mine too. He's just so cute.

Hey, while here and I mentioned my foamboard glue frustrations before thought the video from the Styro Wars glue tests should be included in the thread as well if anyone is interested:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Terra,

Wow that is so awesome, I honestly don't have the words.You gave me a great idea of how to make a werewolf prop.Thank you your work is so impressive and inspiring.

Daren

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks Predator35 :)

Hey Terra, Did you make that for your own purposes--- just for hahas?
Make the foamboard glue video or the Hell Hound? Both were for me I'd guess you could say. The Hell Hound is going in the graveyard this year and the foam glue tests evolved from me being totally frustrated with the Loctite I was using. Gathered up all the glue I had in the workshop and thought - what the heck - let's tape it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would have to dig a pit 100 feet deep just to bow humbly enough to show you the proper honor and praise.

Your sculpts are incredible! You are an amazing inspiration and I can only hope I have the time (when my girls are older and less demanding) to dedicate hours to amazing creatures like yours.
I second this! You make it look so easy that I'm tempted to try it myself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Terra, did you happen to try the hot knife with any of your glue test pieces? Supposedly the HWFF stuff is compatible, but I'm curious how the others (and the Glidden in particular) get along with the high temperatures...

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Thanks so much again :)

Havok, I did cut through the Glidden with the industrial hot knife and another member cut it with the pro hot knife. We both had no problems cutting through the foam. My hotter knife did leave a small ridge that was easily shaved back down. I think ridges would occur with any glue though because the higher temperature hits air gaps and the foam boils a bit more then the surrounding foam. Compared to cutting through the usually still wet foam board glue, this is a dream to work with.

I didn't test cutting through other glues but I would guess that the gorilla glue could be a bit tough and the great stuff would be easy. I trust that the HWFF glues would be easy as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Everything you do is awesome!!!! After pricing the pink foam I realized I may not be able to afford to do that Haha. Do you ever use the white foam for any projects or is it too weak?

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Everything you do is awesome!!!! After pricing the pink foam I realized I may not be able to afford to do that Haha. Do you ever use the white foam for any projects or is it too weak?
No I haven't but I many professional huge sculpt builders use the white foam. If you don't need as much detail it will work wonderfully. Here's a guy's work that I follow:

Okay you have to be a professional!!! WOW!!!!
Aw, thanks :) Just a house-wifey...

·
Registered
1 Posts
ya know ur the best halloween prop maker i have ever seen. better then factory made ones now thats impressive!
ur amazing and i hope to c more of your work!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
ya know ur the best halloween prop maker i have ever seen. better then factory made ones now thats impressive!
ur amazing and i hope to c more of your work!

Absolutely agree. Many, many here would agree with you.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts