Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across this site while looking for info for another thread.

TAP Plastics

There is so much potential here for prop building that I wanted to share the info.

They have tons of great how-to videos, as well. They post on their website in both Windows Media and Apple QuickTime, as well as on YouTube.

Here's some examples—

How to make a simple Silicone Mold Part 1

How to build a Mold Box

How to cut Plastic Sheet

How to bend Plastic

Cast embedments in Clear Resin

How to use Expanding Foam

Cool stuff.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hah, you might be jealous, but I live around the corner from one of their retail stores. I have yet to use them for prop building but I probably will this year... they always have a scrap bin thats fun to look through [now if I could only find a metal shop that had the same....]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hah, you might be jealous, but I live around the corner from one of their retail stores. I have yet to use them for prop building but I probably will this year... they always have a scrap bin thats fun to look through [now if I could only find a metal shop that had the same....]

You won't metal shops recycle, even the chips from cutting add up so fast they collect and send them to metal recycling.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
OMG! I've never even heard of these guys before, but there's one about 5 miles from my house!! Now I have to go check them out!

MacEricG, thanks for the post -- this is great news!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
TAP's a first rate place. I used to order from them a while back when I was working with acrylics. I never knew about these videos tho, they look great! Thanks for the link :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just came across these "promos" on the company's website. Apparently, they are already helping clients with Halloween and sci-fi requests:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts