Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious where everyone buys the pink & blue styrofoam. I live in Southern California (Santa Clarita to be exact) and I can only find the large sheets of white foam insulation at Lowe's & Home depot. I bought another kind. It was yellow in color. I thought it was similar to the pink and blue I always see everyone use. I cannot get the paper or whatever it is off the outside :mad:. I am thinking the kind I see may not be available in CA for whatever reason.:confused:

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
yeah i think its not available in CA do to the crazy laws to save the earth. the white foam is has less density. i can send you a sheet from NY to CA :) lol

-BYH

·
Registered
321 Posts
I used the aluminum foil covered stuff for my grave stones and pealed off most of the paper/foil. It came off pretty well for me. I can get the pink and blue at my local major box home improvement stores though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
BS, I live in Santa Clarita as well and the only place that I have found that sells the pink stuff is a place in Burbank. They sell to the studios and it is not cheap. I use the white styrofoam 2" and have no problems. I does get a little messy but with sand paper and paint it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think its not available in CA do to the crazy laws to save the earth. the white foam is has less density. i can send you a sheet from NY to CA :) lol

-BYH
:D It might get "lost" in the mail. Ha ha-just joking-I work for USPS.
I did not think I was crazy. I bet that stuff works better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BS, I live in Santa Clarita as well and the only place that I have found that sells the pink stuff is a place in Burbank. They sell to the studios and it is not cheap. I use the white styrofoam 2" and have no problems. I does get a little messy but with sand paper and paint it looks pretty good.

Is that foam mart, or is there another place. I live off of Plum canyon. I wonder how many other Santa Clarita people there are. I wish I could get everyone on my street to do halloween stuff. Kind of like the "Christmas Steets" but with a "Halloween" theme.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the aluminum foil covered stuff for my grave stones and pealed off most of the paper/foil. It came off pretty well for me. I can get the pink and blue at my local major box home improvement stores though.
Maybe the "yellow" one I bought is like that. It was a little more expensive than the white, but I could not get the "foil" or whatever it is off. It had been stuck on with glue. Maybe the heat melted it on more. It was very frustrating.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This year I bought an entire pallet, (about 4 ft high) of 3", 2" and 1" 4' x 8' sheets of pink styrofoam from Menards. The entire pallet cost me only $15 because it had damaged corners, some small pieces missing, etc. Considering I cut it, carve it, dremel it, paint it, etc, I didn't care that it was damaged. You simply can't beat the price!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This year I bought an entire pallet, (about 4 ft high) of 3", 2" and 1" 4' x 8' sheets of pink styrofoam from Menards. The entire pallet cost me only $15 because it had damaged corners, some small pieces missing, etc. Considering I cut it, carve it, dremel it, paint it, etc, I didn't care that it was damaged. You simply can't beat the price!
WOW!! That is a bargain.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The yellow is the same as the pink and blue my yellow doesn't have the foil on it though the yellow is made by dow,the pink owens corning, and not sure who makes the blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts