Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,519 Posts
Wow! Amazing detail. Can I ask what kind of scene you're using it for?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Nice. I made one earlier this year to use in a vampire scene I intend on doing and yours makes mine seem so blah as usual. I wish I had the patience and skill of so many of you on this forum. Very well done.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. It took me about a week of afternoons to do the carving. I would guess somewhere around 10-15 hours. It went pretty fast after the first dozen rocks. :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That looks great!
do you have any other pics of the build?
I like the way it has depth.
pieced together? alot of fill in work?
dont see seems.
did you build a wood frame to apply the foam boards?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I made a foam fireplace last year for the mansion room. It was a fun project, here's some pics. 1" thick blue styrofoam insulation and some wood crown moulding was used for materials. The base is 2" thick foam.
I used some wood to support the base, and gorilla glue to put it all together. Drylock and dry brushing on the finish. I intended to have glowing eyes that light up as part of the fireplace, but never got there...
Pete

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Icemanfred, there's a free pieces of wood supporting the sides, but not a full frame. I used the denser 250 psi pink foam so it was pretty solid on its own (plus it was sale...). To get the depth, I just really ground down the edges with a random orbital sander.

Pete, that looks great!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts