Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I need advice here. I am far from artistically inclined, and my clown entrance looks terrible. Now, I've been considering just totally repainting it in a different style and everything, but before I do that, does anyone have any ideas on how to improve/add more detail to it? Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can get an art projector, find the details you want online, print them out and use the projector to trace them onto this piece. With smaller pieces, I have printed images directly on the backing of label paper once the labels have been used (package type labels). The ink will smear so handle it carefully. Then press it to the item, carefully peel off and paint. Thats what I did for the clown face on this car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
you could use can foam to make it 3 d, can foam is easy to carve with a knife. Spray it with flex seal and then painting.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,632 Posts
there was a posting by someone here who made an clown archway out of plywood ... it was amazing ... & they posted the plans

amk
You are thinking of Keith Corcoran. He is an amazing professional artist and builder who created the collapsible ticket booth you see EVERYWHERE (seriously, there are jerks selling the plans/builds for hundreds of dollars as their own creation out on Etsy) and the clown entrance and the FUNHOUSE sign, and they castle drawbridge with the GIANT chains and throne for his wife when she was Maleficent one year... he's one of the greats because he also shares his awesome builds so freely. ;)

The link to the files for the build appears to be gone tho, and he's not been back on since he moved and sold off all his props a few years ago. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts