Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just come into possession of about 50 of the 19 x 12 x 12 inch foam blocks used for trailer shipping and I wanted to see pictures of projects where others had used these blocks. I am looking for inspiration.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,636 Posts
We used them 2 years ago and will again this year. My haunt partner (lewlew on the forum) obtained them and made an awesome machine gun nest/bunker for our zombie themed haunt two years ago. Here are some pics

He built it in three sections, adhering the blocks together with great stuff. We assembled it at our house. This year he got close to 200 blocks! We're making an entrance tunnel to our vampire crypt. Should be epic!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow! That is very cool bunker! I have used foam for many things. I have used blocks as blocks so to speak but I have use big chunks, cut them down as large "stones" to make a dungeon for my son's haunt last year. I glued the foam onto cardboard, textured it with a heat gun, painted it gray, and assembled the panels into a maze for the kids to go through. It was complete with bats form the ceiling, a skeleton, etc and of course lights. See pics below :)

DSCN3025.jpg
DSCN3042.jpg
DSCN3043.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice work everyone. Wish I had a source for a few dozen of them. Would make building my sewer scene way easier.
Phantom I will await your tutorial.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Phantom Blue, Super cool fireplace!
What I want to know is how you made that realistic-looking campfire. I made one last year using spray foam insulation over mini leds and it looked good but was too brittle. Help?

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks WolfPak! If you need some more details, I will make up a tut sometime soon.

PB
A tut would be awesome! Thank you PB. I really want to do one up like that. My goal is to make some witches too (cauldren creep among others). I can get my hands on some foam so...I'm loving your post! :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Our castle facade is mostly made out of those blocks sliced up and adhered to wood frames. They stack in our attic to store. See my album for pics.
I want to do the fireplace this year for inside our witch's Shack.

For those looking, the key is trailer companies. These blocks go under the hitch while on the lot. Th one near us gets rid of tons every week!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know this is from a while ago, but what did you do to create the flame effect under the cauldron? Super job all-around!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts