Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here they are FINALLY , Broom Helga's flight school ......now ALL the credit goes to Daveinthegrave who put /built the mechanism for me to build this display , i came to him with this idea last year when i saw a similar project on the web , (i bet he wished i had forgotten about it this year lol) .... Dave THANK YOU for making a Canadian witch SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO HAPPY :D i am truly gratefull for this ....

Now if you ask me what is the best prop you ever owned THIS IS IT !!!

It is so cool at night , the green flood lights cast a shadow of the witches in the trees around , i have a crappy old digital camera so i cannot capture how amazing this really look with the night lighting ......it was very windy today and they still worked great .....my husband was just finishing painting the pole when a car stoped and the guy got out of his car and started taking pictures LOL .....

now all their is left to do is put the sound of the flying cackling witches and try to find really sturdy invisible line to change the jute cord and it is done , i even found the perfect signed for the display :) this is over 10 foot tall not counting the mechanism and witch on top ....PS if anyone knows of a sound file of young witches cackling noises PM me .

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Wow! It turned out even better than I thought it would! Looks really good at night with the green lights.
The whole set-up with the sign included makes that a really unique prop!
I'm relieved it all works like it's supposed to, also. :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
The bar gets raised again! Most excellent. Okay Dave, clear your inbox. I sense a flood of pm's coming your way! Congrats WFC. Awesome prop!

·
Registered
407 Posts
"woot"

great work guys, one of a kind!

with the sound effects and the green light at night, many little ones will be frozen in place and watching. :)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,482 Posts
Awesome! Dave, you're on a roll! Great idea Witch from Canada!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! It turned out even better than I thought it would! Looks really good at night with the green lights.
The whole set-up with the sign included makes that a really unique prop!
I'm relieved it all works like it's supposed to, also. :)
Dave this is even better then i hoped :) so far so good it was running today with wind for 3-4 hours i would say and all was good , my husband just had a real fun time putting it up there LOL i could not wait to get videos for you to see :D we also covered the motor to give it some rain protection and i am gonna try to cover the 4x4 with corn stalks and see how that looks .....so again a UGE thank you to you for making this and making our halloween 10 time better this year XXX and you can be sure i will be trying to get this on the news on TV when they do the halloween specials :)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Very cool! Another fantatic prop to add to your collection!

MsM

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
This is great, love the idea way to go Witch and Dave (oh and Witch's husband, the needed muscle)! Where ever did you get (or how did you make) your witches?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Remarkable! The kids are going to love this! Congrats on a unique prop - I can see variations on this coming down the pipe already.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is great, love the idea way to go Witch and Dave (oh and Witch's husband, the needed muscle)! Where ever did you get (or how did you make) your witches?
well those young creepy witches , Dave found them on an after halloween shopping spree :) so i dont quite remember how much they wore but something like 12$ or 14$ each ??? i got the broom at the dollar store ......now those witches one seller in ebay was asking 99$ last year for one LOL and i did see one this year at Canadian tire for 40$ and she was made of hard styrofoam and not plastic like mine ..."

now as for the muscles to put it up there , lets just say hubby was on his tippy toes at the end of the stepladder where it sais "this is not a step" LOL :p

thanks everyone for all the nice comments on the witches :)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Big Lots was selling these witches last year. I bought them after Halloween during the 75% and 90% off sale. I haven't seen them this year anywhere.

Thanks for all the compliments! I didn't think this prop was going to get finished. I could never find the right motor for it, but finally figured out a solution.
A Witch From Canada did all the HARD work (and her husband). :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts