Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, he's not even remotely close to being as cool as ScaryGarry's flying demon, but he'll do just fine for my haunt.

I need to do some touch up things (like stop his hands from floppin' all over the place and replace the black twine with fishing line), but all in all, I think I'll take him to Prom.

Oh, and his eyes aren't really that big, just the lighting doesn't agree with my camera too well.

YouTube - Flying Skeleton

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very nice. I hope someday I can learn something of the mechanics of these type props to make more than a static display. Well done.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey ya did it ! i think it looks just fine :D good job !

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScaryGarry ~ Thanks again for the inspiration. Maybe I will improve on him for next year. He looks kinda too cute" instead of creepy.

Warrant ~ You need to check out ScaryGarry's flying demon - it was his idea that I stole, ooops, I mean borrowed.
:D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice job! Very well done.

Hey, Newgirlinaz, Makig one of these is the most simple animatronic you can build! And it's a real traffic stopper! I was intimidated when I first saw this thing too!

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice job! Very well done.

Hey, Newgirlinaz, Makig one of these is the most simple animatronic you can build! And it's a real traffic stopper! I was intimidated when I first saw this thing too!

Hey now Dr.Kreepy..... I TOTALLY take offense to this comment. I spent countless days and nights working on this project. Blood, sweat, and tears went into it. And you come along and say it's one of the most simple props. HEH - the nerve you must have !!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO - It only took me about 20 minutes to hook it up and I bought the rig off MonsterGuts. I just feel like being a brat this morning.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Well I"ve never seen scary gary's but think yours is pretty cool!

MsM

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks MsM. I've been joking with Garry saying that my little flying sissy dude is the long lost son of his monster. :eek:

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Great job! Would like to see some wing movement, but you can leave that for next time.
I've always wanted to see more creative props using the FCG setup. Why do haunters always want to go with a ghost? It's been done to death. (No pun intended)

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job! Would like to see some wing movement, but you can leave that for next time.
I've always wanted to see more creative props using the FCG setup. Why do haunters always want to go with a ghost? It's been done to death. (No pun intended)
Well, then Haunter ---- Get your happy butt out here to Cali and help me rig it up so the wings DO move. LOL j/k

Actually, for next year, I think his wings will move. Garry said he'd help me after this season. :D I will get some store-bought wings and creep them up - that should help make him not so heavy too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts