Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of us have seen the flying reaper scare on You Tube. I know he used fishing line and a hexacopter. I want to do This same scare on a much lower level; using a premade lightweight ( 4oz.) Reaper decoration. I am sure I won't need a $1000 hexacopter for his stunt . What would be the cheapest "flying machine" to purchase ? Do the remote control helicopters have at least a 4 oz. payload? I am a 66 year old grandma just wanting to give the TOTs a fun scare. Any ideas? Thanks!!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,964 Posts
One thing about those videos. They don't convey just how noisy the drones are in reality. I feel like those videos of people being surprised or scared are all probably fake because there is no way people wouldn't hear one of those things coming towards them. Not trying to be a party pooper or Debbie downer, but I don't think it could be pulled off without a fairly substantial investment in a higher quality drone with good lifting abilities and quieter motors (still insanely noisy)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna be another buzz kill. The fact that you have no experience with R/C aircraft makes this an extremely tough thing to pull off. Unless the area you intend to try this has absolutely no trees, poles, buildings, power lines, etc., you may get about 10 seconds out of this before it comes crashing down. Even a small drone can seriously hurt someone if it goes out of control. To put this into perspective, I have a lot of experience flying R/C airplanes and I wouldn't try this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts