Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good one! That's gonna freak some folks out for sure. A joystick control and live action would be awesome to have it follow someone, etc.
Pete

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used two bimba cylinders, one for rotation and the other to raise and lower prop. They are 2 inch stroke and 1 1/16 bore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The frame work for body is made with PVC. Changes since original video the arms were cut and springs added for more movement, also main body angle was changed. This was just a test run, so finished product will look a lot better.
just threw a mask and cloth on to get an idea how the prop movement would appear.

My you tube site http://www.youtube.com/user/capazontwo/videos

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
That's called a bellicose (not sure what that even means). I found this video on Youtube a while back that shows how to get the same movement by using a couple of wiper motors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very cool!!! Nice movement.

Yeah it looks a lot like the vilethings bellicose prop. If you use the web archive you can look back at the how to. I think they built it in 2006.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Yeah it looks a lot like the vilethings bellicose prop. If you use the web archive you can look back at the how to. I think they built it in 2006.
I will have try to find bellicose, it might have saved me a lot of time and designing, along with trial and error building. I had no really plans or guide I just
started putting pieces together as I built. I did learn a few very interesting things and I believe I came up with a very good design and a very stable base.
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would love to see how you made it and what you ran into.

If you don't find the link let me know. I believe I have it archived at home. They did some really great props!!!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Bellicose:
Adjective
Demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight.
Synonyms
warlike - combative - militant - pugnacious - martial
That sounds like it sums it up pretty well.

bighead, you did a great job considering you hadn't seen one before! I just assumed you had used one of the designs out there and adapted it with a monster instead of a ghost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I did locate the bellicose prop and yes the are similar in design, as they should, the function results are the same. I will try to do a video on my build. Mine does use PVC pipe, for more movement and lighter weight, also very stable with out staking. The Bellicose had 7 ft legs for stability, I guess I did improve on that part with 22 inch legs and my prop is a lot lighter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like it. I think i would look great secured to a low roof, maybe a shed or garage. The downward movement catches it really nice to give that flying look. Throw some red lights and a bright strobe and it will look totally cool.

You should take some pics or a video of how you made it, a lot of us would totally benefit from that!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts