Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Does anyone know where I can find Fluorescent Orange taper candles? I need them to show in black light... or any suggestions to make these?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow, great minds think alike! I just found these yesterday after extensive searching. GL3224 - Blacklight Reactive Drip Candle
I think they're so hard to find because if you were to light a candle it would take away the effect of the florescence. But what other kind of candles would you put with your florescent candlesticks? Sheesh, no one thinks of these things.
These are a bit pricey, but I NEED green ones. :) hope this helps!

·
Registered
180 Posts
PS, if you run out of time to order these, you can use some of that glow-in-the-dark spray that they're selling everywhere (including Wallyworld.) It glows pretty intensely under blacklight, but it's hardly permanent. It's more of a foam. It will flake off eventually.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I used the foam Happy Scientist mentioned on my outdoor tombstones to make them glow. But for some other projects I bought flourescent spray paint from Home Depot. They have different colors, and I am 99% sure I saw orange.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy Scientist & Halloween Princess... ;) Thanks so much for responding.

Thanks for the link. If I order them, they probably won't get her in time... but at least I know for next time. I thought with all the "glow" products out there, that fluorescent candles would be easy to find... oh well.

Since I won't be lighting the candles, maybe I'll just try spraying regular tapers with the fluorescent orange spray paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts