Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I are pretty sure we're moving to st Petersburg a year from now and I'd like to know if the area is good in general and or what awesome Halloween things there are horror nights and Howl o scream aside. :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
There is a year round store is Cape Coral called 'The Red Headed Witches'. My wife and I went there last year while on vacation on Sanibel Island. A good sized store while lots of items. They have their own web site too.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,580 Posts
Theres a Mardi Gras type festival with live bands and parades once a year, usually last Sat of Oct, called Guavaween. Ive been too many times to count, but when I lived in St Petersburg, we parked at a tram station and got bused over and directly to the gate. (you have to pay to get in.) The whole place is also bars, so its good if you plan to drink, you get a ride back to your car, enough time to hopefully sober up :)

Are you looking for stuff to do? I havent been in awhile, but nearby in Clearwater they usually have a big Halloween party at Sheperds. I can usually tolerate my drinking, and even way back when I could tolerate alot of drinks, I ALWAYS got messed up at Sheperds, lol. I dont know why but its true. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Central Florida is a great place for Halloween! As far as major events go, two of the biggest in the nation, Hallo-Scream and Halloween Horror Nights are both found here. Hallo-Scream is at Busch Gardens in Tampa, and Halloween Horror Nights is at Universal Studios in Orlando. For something a little milder, there's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. All the bars in downtown Orlando throw huge Halloween parties, and best yet, if you buy the premium AAA card here, Triple A will actually tow you and your car to your home if you imbibe too much. We've done a home haunt here in Clermont for the past three years called Rose's Haunted Graveyard, and it generally draws hundreds of enthusiastic trick or treaters. We're not just talking kids, either. Yep, Florida is definitely Halloween friendly!

·
Ghouls Rule
2,580 Posts
in my personal opinion, the Busch Gardens Halloween is best by far, I always had 4hr + wait times for the haunted houses in Orlando and the HH was literally only 45 seconds long. The scary part was the long wait times.

Found the event was more pleasurable when buying the meal and early admission with front of the line pass for a limited time. We always made all the houses except for 1. Then we would ride the rides and it was very nice at night. Sometimes it is raining but not for long, so if it does, stick around. Some people leave which makes it all the better for you and wait times, hehe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Central Florida is a great place for Halloween! As far as major events go, two of the biggest in the nation, Hallo-Scream and Halloween Horror Nights are both found here. Hallo-Scream is at Busch Gardens in Tampa, and Halloween Horror Nights is at Universal Studios in Orlando. For something a little milder, there's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. All the bars in downtown Orlando throw huge Halloween parties, and best yet, if you buy the premium AAA card here, Triple A will actually tow you and your car to your home if you imbibe too much. We've done a home haunt here in Clermont for the past three years called Rose's Haunted Graveyard, and it generally draws hundreds of enthusiastic trick or treaters. We're not just talking kids, either. Yep, Florida is definitely Halloween friendly!
Is St. Pete in central? I really am not familiar! This is a really good response, not that I don't appreciate the other responses but it seems excited, which... ya should be! lol. All of these sound great! I also here that in some parts the trees even change color a little... That's one one of the few perks of being in Michigan...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in my personal opinion, the Busch Gardens Halloween is best by far, I always had 4hr + wait times for the haunted houses in Orlando and the HH was literally only 45 seconds long. The scary part was the long wait times.

Found the event was more pleasurable when buying the meal and early admission with front of the line pass for a limited time. We always made all the houses except for 1. Then we would ride the rides and it was very nice at night. Sometimes it is raining but not for long, so if it does, stick around. Some people leave which makes it all the better for you and wait times, hehe.
Hmmm it sounds like Halloweekends at cedar point here,... went last year for my Birthday (Oct. 18th. ) and my bf and I waited an hour in really cold weather to see one house... by that time,... the night was almost done... safe to say we're gonna get a pass too!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
St. Petersburg is in west central Florida. I'm in the next town over. There are several haunted attractions in the area in October, in addition to the big ones mentioned, along with parties at a lot of the bars. Do you have kids? There are also a lot of family oriented events going on, Zoo Boo in Tampa at Lowry Park Zoo, and most of the cities have events. In Largo we have Halloween Spooktacular.

St. Pete has a lot of cool older neighborhoods and good atmosphere for Halloween decorations. Sometimes its still hot here around Halloween but usually it is nice at night by then. Good luck with your move!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
and just to change it up if I got down around that area, I'd by-pass it all, head to Anna Maria Island and Holmes Beach. A Spectacular place.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's very handy info! We don't have kiddies... But I'm a huge kid. I admittedly still watch Disney... Mainly Disney and chillr XD . I'm really surprised (but love) everyone's input.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I live pretty close to Disney. This past October was my first Halloween season living here, and I was completely depressed the entire month. Sure, there are some fun things to do and the theme parks get in the spirit. But you don't get that wonderful, overwhelming feeling of Halloween/autumn living down here, and it is absolutely the worst feeling in the world. It's hot, there are no leaves crunching under your feet, and you're surrounded by palm trees and sunshine instead of hay bales and scarecrows. It's gross, and I hate it. :( (Sorry for the real talk, this is just my personal experience living here!)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live pretty close to Disney. This past October was my first Halloween season living here, and I was completely depressed the entire month. Sure, there are some fun things to do and the theme parks get in the spirit. But you don't get that wonderful, overwhelming feeling of Halloween/autumn living down here, and it is absolutely the worst feeling in the world. It's hot, there are no leaves crunching under your feet, and you're surrounded by palm trees and sunshine instead of hay bales and scarecrows. It's gross, and I hate it. :( (Sorry for the real talk, this is just my personal experience living here!)
Well, Hello- first off cool you're a vegan. I'm a pescetarian. Thank you for the response! I understand what you mean and I"m kind of turned off by that aspect. But one of the reasons the bf and I are looking to move there is to escape winter and my seasonal slump of my Bipolar. Hoping that will help BIG TIME. So I'd rather trade off missing certain aspects for the overall happiness ^_^.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
I live in Leesburg, FL (we're right in the middle of the state LOL. an hour from each coast & 45 min. to an hour from "the parks". Been here for 2 1/2 years relocated from Toledo, Ohio. We throw an adults only Halloween party and did so back in Ohio, so Halloween is the same for me. We've only had 1 halloween at our house and it was too hot to be in full costume :( Back in Ohio you never knew what you'd get. It could be hot, cold, rain or snow!! Last year for our party it was HOT. we needed A/C in the garage for the party goers.

I am probably in the minority, but Universal's HHN for me, was a "did it once, don't need to do it again" thing. Just not for me. Really want to do Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween some year.

If you move to Florida, there is a Florida Haunters Group that meets & has make & Takes. Fun stuff!

Good luck with whatever you do!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts