Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried making some sort of floor coverings to go along with the theme? Ideas? Would you use a tarp or plastic sheeting or other material? And how do you get it to stay down so people don't trip on it? Is it even worth it or is it just more trouble than it's worth?

·
Registered
1 Posts
last year I used OSB board and painted it black, i did not have a large area to cover and it only required two sheets so it was fairly inexpensive for me and it stayed in place well. If you have a really large area to cover it might get pricey, but OSB usually only runs about 5 bucks a sheet.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If this party is indoors, a heavy canvas painters tarp could be used, and painted to go with your theme. You could paint stonework on it for a 'dungeon/lab/castle/etc. floor for example, and it would work like a rug. The stuff you set on it (props, tables, furniture, etc.) would keep it from moving, and if you set up on carpet, you could further secure it by using Upholstery Twist Pins where it meets doors and such, otherwise covering the edge with duct tape onto the floor will make it less trip-hazardous. When the party is over, you unpin it, roll it up and store it for next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts