Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Lowes today and grabbed two of their blue floodlights for the yard this year. http://www.lowes.com/pd_353462-75774-ML90PARQFLB___ After coming home and actually reading about it, it doesn't seem to have the best reviews. What do you guys recommend for a good floodlight? I also need to find someway to hide the lights themselves, as there is really nothing for them to hide behind at the moment. Any suggestions are helpful!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm switching over to CFL's. I used 15 floods last year and it didn't help the bill. A little extra spending money this year will save me in the long run.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I ask what is wrong with those bulbs you got? I just purchased two for this year - my first foray into proper lighting so I'll be bummed if they aren't any good.
I haven't tried them yet, but the reviews for them online really aren't all that great so I'm a little iffy about them. Plus I need something that's small and able to be hidden.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You possibly get little light blue color. Cfl gives rich blue color! Lowes ok. But stay away from HD halogen floods. Glass filter is painted. Lowes using real blue glass.
My advise return them and get CFL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for that. Yeah I tested them out and they're pretty bad. Hardly any throw distance at all, and the blue is very faint. I returned them and got white LED par38's instead. I'll just put some colour gels on them. I'm in Australia so the bulb selections are much more limited!

·
Registered
600 Posts
If your budget allows than take a look at Minions Web. I personally buy all my LED lighting from Minions and have never been disappointed. There is an incredible selection for all types of lighting applications, almost overwhelming.

http://www.minionsweb.com/

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,205 Posts
Also what I do to hide the can socket is spray paint it black on the outside. LED's are the way to go, if you can get some at a good price. Sometimes its so rich in color though that you have to put a white light next to it and shine it in the same direction so you can tell what things are in your setup. Try doing it - you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably going to end up going with the CFL's. Looking into moving so I don't want anything that's going to be too expensive, seeing as there is no way of knowing if we'll be able to use them at the new place. Those LEDs from Minion Web are really great though, I'll definitely be writing that website down!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts