Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to setup some flood lights outside. I've been reading alot lately on the forums, and went out to the depot to buy some flood lights. I ended up getting the PAR30's, none of em are colored which sucks. Firstly when I got home I noticed it says Indoor Flood light. Should I be taking em back and getting Outdoor ones? If they make em...I dunno.

I went to my local DJ supply store and bought GELS to put over the flood lights. THe lady said I should be careful cuz if they get too hot, they'll melt. Can anyone say for sure if GELS melt on these things? If so, should I just stick with colored indeascant bulbs? PAR38?

Thanks guys!

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
Yes get the outdoor ones.And since you are new I will tell ya Do NOt get the black lite flood lites.They work poorly and get very hot.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I guess I might have confused you when I said clear colored lens. What I should have said was transparent colored lens. Do not get those. If you can see through the lens you don't want them. You want the frosted colored lens that you can not see through. The colors are deeper and richer with those. They almost look like the color is painted on. Which they probably are. Just becareful when you handle those not to scratch the lens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts