Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these Hanging Candle Sticks due to come in to BuyCostumes this week and like the idea. Nice for a witch or wizard scene. No real description so not sure exactly what this product is other than they hang on a clear line. I like that the candles look more or less illuminated down the whole length of the stick and thinking if you tried to make it on your own you'd need something other than pvc which would be too opaque for that effect.

http://www.buycostumes.com/p/810219/hanging-candle-sticks

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be interested to know how you attached the nylon thread too. You could always tie the loose end to those tree hooks you use to hang tree lanterns with. Kind of like a long S-hook. The ones I see are black so wouldn't be seen at night and would make it easy to hang the candles. If the candles have a timer, set it the day prior to putting out and then it will repeat each night and you won't have to manually bother with it until you take it down. I wonder if you could waterproof them especially at the wick end with some silicone caulk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've done floating candles from LED tea lights. We just tied the fishing line around the base of the flame and then used small clear command hooks on the ceiling. We wrapped the base in copy paper to bulk them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts