Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My haunt theme this year is a haunted house and there are some flickering lights are necessary in this theme.

I am thinking of to create this effect by using the fs2 fluorescent breaker technique

https://youtu.be/w7b7B72NSf4

Did anyone did this in their haunt?
How long does it work, I mean do the breaker burn out quickly?

My haunt last from begin October until first week November, 3 nights per week

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know those lamps but I live in Europe and post and packaging is absurd and I need about 10 of them.
Also we have 240v AC power and there is no guarantee that they will work properly

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have not made my own, but purchased on of these a couple years ago before knowing how to make them. I have used it for 2 years but only for halloween night and have not had any issues. I say the price is right and they are easy to make.

·
redrum
990 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to get me a perfect storm, but they don't work with 240v and you can't use a transformer, does not work according to the website
Europeans are halloween discriminated

·
Registered
9 Posts
I flicker 4 lights (25 W each) in my haunt using fs2 starters. My haunt runs for about 2 months and we operate about 2-3 nights a week, at least 2 hours each night. I have not had any issues. I did build a box that contains sockets for the starters so I can change them very fast if need be. Got the sockets from Amazon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I made a couple electrical boxes with starters. They're used for about 4 hours on Halloween (about 25W bulbs) and have lasted many years. I couldn't find sockets at the time, so I soldered mine in place... :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts