Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a flickering florescent light and it works great. If any one wants to talk about it and I can give step by step instructions. If any one wants them. I'm kinda new to here (well i have been on here for a while) I'm just slow and still getting to know how to do threads!!!

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ben,
Would love to see a tutorial on your light !! And Welcome!! Tons of great stuff here!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
starting my thread

do you know youtube if you do go to my channel and check out a vid of it. lookup Mainelyelectric like i said i'm just geting use to making threads so i will try to fig out how to put together a totoreal

peace Ben

p.s. maybe you could help me out on that it would be great thanks

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Looks awesome thanks for the step by step. Pdcollins6092 TY for the link!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Oh, so glad you posted this tutorial video here. It is such a cool trick to make flickering fluorescent lights. I'm going to go to a site now and find one of those flasher discs. Never heard of one those before. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been looking for an inexpensive and effective way to build one of these for a long time now. I will definitely be building this for my haunt this year. Thanks a ton!

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
Nice! A great effect for fairly cheap. I don't understand how they can charge $350 for that fright light. ridiculous! Highway Robbery!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
great tip. these Flasher buttons/Outlet Winkers are one of those objects that are useful for all kinds of applications. last i checked ace hardware carries them. I heard a rumor that you can stack two of them in series to get a more random flicker has anyone tried/ had success with that method?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Directions

I love it. I want it. I gotta have it! [email protected] Send me instructions and parts list if you get time. I gotta few things I do that you might like. Some paint/ decorating ideas thats out of this world when you get time to do them! Thanks, great vid

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
Oh, so glad you posted this tutorial video here. It is such a cool trick to make flickering fluorescent lights. I'm going to go to a site now and find one of those flasher discs. Never heard of one those before. Thanks!
You can always just get the winker outlet and it will work the same way. Plug something into the outlet and it starts flashing. Ace Hardware use to carry them but it's been five or six years since I bought one there. Some of them flash at a different rate so look closely at the flash rate on the outlet or the button.

This one is around $5 but it only flashes 14-20 times per minute
http://www.fdsons.com/100w-winker-lampholder-adapt-c47110-p-21745.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts