Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY got something finished! I have so many projects started that it did take a while before I was able to complete one. This will not be my last post because I still have the following in the making...

* Cemetery fence (just have to finish painting)
* 3 Dungeon walls (with big scream tv through one of the "windows")
* Leering prop (have the frame work, need to attach prop and motor)
* Lightning box (having issues with it)
* Corpsed blucky

Lots to do and little time to do it!

Anyway, I got a couple of $6 lanterns from Big Lots and got the decorations off the side. I then drilled a hole in the top to feed the wire. I got a pvc coupling for a candle holder and then a flciker bulb for each. Total cost around $20. Not bad for a couple of flicker lanterns. More than some, less than others.

Still need to clean them up a bit, but I just had to post them :)

Hope you enjoy!

Not bad for $6 lanterns :)

Turned out well, I thought...

PVC "candle" close up that I gorilla glued on the base

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
Nice job and nice effect with the colored glass. Is the glass colored or did you add a film to it? In any event I think it will add a lot to your yard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job and nice effect with the colored glass. Is the glass colored or did you add a film to it? In any event I think it will add a lot to your yard.
Thanks everyone! I'll get those other projects done and post wen done....always the case of 'not enough hours in the day' issue with me.

The glass actually came like that, which is one thing that drew me to them. They will be hanging on the dungeon walls. My walls will be in the shape like a large science project with a lantern on each side and the big scream tv in the middle....kind of like this... \__/ We have a garage haunt, so we have to be creative with the space. :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Love those lanterns. I've been tempted to get them for the price. I think you just convinced me. Great job!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope my local Big Lots still has some of these!! Any idea what section they're in? Are they dedicated Halloween or just generic lanterns??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope my local Big Lots still has some of these!! Any idea what section they're in? Are they dedicated Halloween or just generic lanterns??
They were in the Halloween section. They had some decor on 2 sides that I had to cut, so they are definitely Halloween.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you for that quick reply! I'm gonna hopefully make it to Big Lots today and pick up some of these!

Now, can anybody recommend a place to get some stakes that would hold these a foot or two off the ground? I think they would look soo cool lining the driveway, but I don't want them to be real high.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Found 10 in stock

Just saw this post today and called around the Big Lots in my area. After calls to four stores, I found one that had two in stock. Drove over there and they actually had ten so I bought them all. I plan on converting them similar to what you did but I'll mount them on 3/4" PVC poles painted black. I'm going to line my driveway - five on each side. I have several Light-O-Rama controllers that I used last year for my Christmas lights that I'm going to use so I can vary the light levels as well as control some other spots, floods and my 750 watt strobe.

Mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
Those look great!

I've been trying to find a decent (inexpensive) lantern prop for 3 weeks now... The Big Lots here closed this past summer. Could you tell me where you found your flicker bulbs?

Thx!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those look great!

I've been trying to find a decent (inexpensive) lantern prop for 3 weeks now... The Big Lots here closed this past summer. Could you tell me where you found your flicker bulbs?

Thx!
Just found them at Home Depot. I've read where they have been found at dollar stores, but I wasn't able to find any. I need to try and get some more throughout the year when they are on sale....little things aren't that cheap for a little bulb. (IMO)

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nicely done. I like that. I just purchased 5 of those lanterns 45min lol. I was just going to use tea cup candels but I lke your idea better.
Like you said so many projects so little time. Thanks for sharing...
Great stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts