Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Does anyone know of a place to get sturdy posable hands? I have always found that I can't find quality flexible (posable) hands for my characters. Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Artist hand mannequins

Make your own. This link shows a glossary page. Under "H" click on "Hand" pages 38 and 39.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,839 Posts
I bought two mannequins when Sears went out of business that had these same kind of articulated hands. They are the best! Also, depending on what you want to do, you could also simply use a glove, stuff it and clear tape it around whatever the prop is supposed to hold. It will look like it's holding the item.

Artist hand mannequins

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know where to buy them, but I wonder if you could make them with a silicone mold and some flexible foam?

You would need to figure out a way to make a skeletal structure inside the hand with joints in the right places, but it might be possible.

Alternatively, Rotten Prop Works sells latex hands with forearms that are very lifelike for $33/pair. You need to paint them yourself (which is the fun part) and you'd need to add a framework inside to have flexible knuckles in the right places. You could stuff them with polyfill or flesh-toned grocery bags, or perhaps flexible foam (I'm not sure how latex reacts to silicone foam or urethane foam).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts