Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't posted in a while because I've been super busy both Halloweening it up and getting ready to move. I still come a look around here though. I decided to take the time to post this project because I'm rather proud of it. Inspired by a pinterest pin here is my apron of flesh! IMG_8106.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so bad a tutorials, I've tried a few times and they never really end up helpful lol. I will tell you the process though and post a few pics. I sculpted the apron in 3 sections. The top and two sides. I made sure that I "divided" each section in several more parts to add the illusion of more pieces. Once the pieces were cast and all I painted the latex . Then I sewed over each of the dividing sections. I used latex to glue each section to a cloth apron and added extra latex to the exposed cloth. I painted any exposed unpainted latex to look bloody. Then I went back though and cut out pieces to add more to the effect. I hope that helps a bit. I will post some pics of the molds and the sewing and such in a bit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the apron~great pic too!!!
lol, yeah the pic was for my etsy shop. I was going for a stepford wife gone wrong look. It was posed outside the façade for our cannibal house.
Okay here are some pics of the molds. You can see they are in 3 pieces and "divided" in between. I also attached a pic of the sewing of the "seams" this was from a bad latex pour but you get the idea. I used a string and needle used for sewing leather. The apron is super sturdy. IMG_8131.jpg 10351579_1446154872302865_6227299203901672261_n.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts