Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find an online source for Fleckstone spray paint as our local stores (KMart, Walmart and Target) don't carry it. Where are you all getting Fleckstone products (the Halloween colors and the clear-kote)? Has anyone used any other comparable products? Also, the spray paints I'm using on plastic items like plastic snakes seems to flake off it it even drys, but usually remains sticky...any suggestions for spray paints that work well on plastic?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Krylon and Rustolieum make a plastic primer. If you would prime the plastic first the all other paints would adher and not flake off. You can also get flex paaints at Menrads, Walmarts and Lowes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thank IshWitch and Shilo for your replies. We have a Menards about 150 miles away from us. And a Lowes about 100 miles. This means in Wyoming that they are close, lol. For some reason our local Walmart will not Order the paints I need. Also thanks for suggesting a primer first...i figure I will need to clear coat it too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I use Valspar Stone spray paint- it is exactly like Fleckstone & comes in a couple shades of grey & brown. Can be ordered several places online- Tools2Parts has a free shipping deal for orders over $50. To get their discount price you have to order in quantities of 6- if you're like me you can go through that in one or two years of making tombstones & touching up props. These Valspar spray paints are also available at many other sites, just Google 'em:

http://www.tools2parts.com/Valspar-465-11445-SP-p/3580-3949.htm

Tools2Parts also has spray plastic paint in several colors:

http://www.tools2parts.com/Valspar-400-12004-SP-p/3580-0820.htm

Best of luck with your projects!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Zumba Zombie, Crypt Keeper and Great Pumpkin. I started with everyone's suggestions. Primed a grapevine wreath and snakes for the black wreath (will do the black paint next week). Also primed some baby doll parts from dolls I bought at yard sales this last weekend. Turning out to be some inexpensive projects. Dolls were 10 cents, the wreath was a quarter, the snakes en masse were expensive (10 cents a piece, lol). Need more snakes! The primer is definately not sticky and seems to be holding well. So, I'm giving it a lot of drying time instead of hurrying the process along.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops, I meant to say RCIAG, Maire and Halloween 71. @obsessed...if I can figure out how to post photos in the messages, I will. I tried posting a welcome to someone and it uploaded to a forum album, but did not upload to the welcome. It was a Martha Stewart design. She also did a reindeer moss (natural colored moss) and spider wreath that was also pretty cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts