Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of hot coals prop I have made (Using Great Stuff and orange lights). I want to have the lights flicker like fire, does anyone have a plan or easy method of making the lights flicker like fire? Thank you so much!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I used one strand of blinking lights but guess that won't help you now. There are the string lights that looks like a flame flickering maybe you can add some around the coals.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As someone who burns wood for heat I'd say that coals shouldn't flicker, they generally have a steady glow.

However, if you still want flickering, are using LED lights and still have access to a bulb, you might be able to add a flickering LED to a series for optimal fire effect (similar to a LED candle). If you're handy with electronics you might even be able to wire it in without access to a socket

If you're using regular lights and have access to a bulb, you can add a blinker to turn a strand into a blinking set. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, they're clear bulbs with a bit of red at the tip and can easily be found in any store that sells Christmas lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts