Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally found some time to work on one of my projects, faux rot iron torches. So here is the first test, keep in mind I don't have the lighting set up yet, just running a temp light for the test. But now that I got the flame working I can move on to the lighting then finish with some paint and foam over the 5 gal bucket base.
http://youtu.be/oBwdE5sZ50k

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
looks amazing!

i have an idea that you might want to consider ... i've never made one of these so maybe this won't work ... but how about cutting some slits down the flame at the top? what you've got is gr8 but to my eye the flame is kind of long & skinny, which isn't a bad thing, but its a bit too uniform ... hope i'm explaining myself well enough

please don't take this as a criticism, and you don't have 2 try my idea ...

amk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i have been thinking the same, just havent had a chance to try it yet, and no worries about criticism, that's part of the reason I posted

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's really cool but I agree with AMK, some slits down the sides would make the "flame" dance more naturally I think. Great work!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok worked on the lighting, it's almost there. Also worked on getting more movement out of the flame, couldn't cut the slits because of the air loss (flame is about 12in high) I think it's better though.

This ones taken with some light

This one in the dark

Next I'll get to the paint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts